There's a Man in the Fountain

Joan and Zorry had been on the run for hours, dodging everything from apes hanging from low power lines, to hawks with sharp talents clawing at their heads. They dashed through the labyrinth like city streets, the strength in their legs being to decline, especially Zorry, who looked about ready to pass out from exhaustion. But little did he know, Joan now knew were she was going, a dangerous plan of escape brewing in her mind.

They came to a cliff. A cliff that decades ago, the monsters had made as an extra precaution while they were building the wall. It was tall, at least 100 feet and though in the time past the war humans had built ladders, stair ways, and trails to go down it, the two were near none of them, blocked off on both sides by the creatures chasing them.

Zorry was to tired to voice his concerns for her plans, his breath to heavy, but with all his remaining might he pulled his hand away from hers as he knew they weren't going to stop at the edge. They were going to jump. 

Joan walked up to him as he frantically tried to get up, though movements slow and messy as he did so, the animals getting closer with each second. 

She picked the boy up against his will, and she began to run to the ledge once again, the claws, paws, and hooves right behind them, almost catching on the fabric of her hood.   

And she jumped, though as she did so, she sang as steadily as she could as the wind began to push up on them, Zorrys scream fading away as he passed out.

"Come on you bitch, wake up" She yelled as gravity pulled them down, Joan holding onto her wide shades with one hand, Zorrys leg with the other. 

And they did wake up, Zorrys eyes opening wide, but they were not his. And Joan knew for certain it wasn't him in the slightest when a strange, almost painful looking transformation appeared above her, Zorrys small frame having morphed into a giant bird in less than a second, her feet which almost touched the ground being pulled up suddenly with the strength of the long large wings. 

Though they didn't stay in the air for long, Joans weight dragging the bird back down, both of them getting stabbed with branches and scraped by bark as they crashed through trees, before they hit the dirt ground. Forcefully. 

Joan fell badly.

Her ankle twisted so severely a bone popped out of her shin. Though not the worst she had suffered, the searing pain she felt was almost utterly unbearable, every part of her body beginning  to tense and shake, blood covering the dirt below her. Lots of it. 

It made her go foggy.

"you fool" said a contorted, feminine voice, Joan gazing at the animal who had spoken it. Sharp yellow teeth seeming too large to fit in its mouth, terrifyingly human eyes. Slowly and gleefully, it crawled towards her in its form of a black cat, thought the size of no cat ever in history, not even the extinct lions and jaguars, it was bigger.

"I am a god" It laughed loudly, chuckles almost sounding like screams as saliva and blood seeped out the corners of its mouth. 

It marched up to Joan, smile wide and crooked until it was just mere feet away. Thats when Joan regained her senses.

"Little boys on little boats, sailing round the sea" Joan sang. The cat paused, smile dissolving into a frown, head tilted in confusion.  Joan continued to sing the familiar tune.

"They ploy a plan, not much profound, to steal them from their bounds" 

"steal away her pleading slaves, and take her pounds of gold "

"Sail the seas, all friends and thieves, forever on the sea"

It didn't feel the drowsiness creeping up on it. It was so entranced by her song, a song it had never heard but somehow sounded almost nostalgic.