chapter two

Hours had passed. George and I had finished planning and recording and we was now onto editing. I was mainly doing most of the work, George can never be bothered to edit, i'm always having to help him.

He was simply sitting comfortably on the bed in-front of me but oh, how good he looked today. But in a nice sense, you know as bros.

I tried to convince myself that he was nothing more than a friend but with his soft, pale skin, almond eyes and perfectly shaped lips all i could think about was kissing him. But i'm not gay. I cant be? I've always dreamt of marrying a girl, there's no way i could like a man. Surely i'm just sleep deprived..

Without realising, i had been staring at George this entire time. I was supposed be editing, but his look has me completely captivated. He's just so perfect.

"Dream? Why are u looking at me like that" George wondered as he glared at me in confusion.
"Is there something on my face?!"

"No,no i'm sorry." I blurted out.
Then there was silence. We were just looking at each other. I so badly wanted his face pressed against mine, but I knew it would never happen, so i averted my gaze and apologised, "I must've zoned out."
He ignored my sentence and dropped his head down to his phone.

I couldn't edit any longer,my mind wasn't working properly. All I could think about was George. So I leapt out of my chair and headed over to the bed where he was sat. This was probably a bad idea, but I couldn't sit in that chair any longer. He gave me an awkward smile as i sat down, i guess he's still weirded out from earlier, but there's nothing i can do now but move on and pretend it didn't happen.

Minutes had passed but no words were exchanged, so i closed my eyes. George resting his head on my shoulder was the last thing i expected to happen.. My heart began to race as i felt his breath on my collarbone, and as i slightly opened my eyes to see what he was doing, i noticed his eyes were shut too. I know he probably thinks nothing of this, but i'm honestly overjoyed right now.

Wait. No.
George is my best-friend nothing more, i'm just being stupid.
I took a deep breath and closed my eyes once more, this time falling asleep.

————

After a much-needed snooze, I opened my eyes, waited for them to adjust, and then peered down. George was still there, snuggling up to me this time! I smiled as i watched him sleep, he's just so beautiful. I  wanted this moment to go on forever until i realised.
I wasn't sleep-deprived, this is real. I like a man. But not just any man, my best friend, George.

It's crazy honestly, after all these years of joking around with george, being shipped with him by not just my fans but my mates too, i never imagined actually liking George. Of course i went along with the jokes, they were funny, but i never meant anything i said. Unless i did? And i just never registered it. Oh, i don't know, feelings are a confusing thing, all i know is that for certain i like George, whether he likes me back or not is a mystery.
But does he even like boys?...

————

I sensed George beginning to wake up so i closed my eyes. If i was awake when he realised he was snuggling up to me, i know it would be so awkward. I felt him begin to rub his eyes, until he shot up.

Even though my eyes were shut, i just knew he was staring at me, whether it was with confusion or disgust i'll never know.
"What the fuck." George murmured.

'Oh for fucks sake' I thought. I cant open my eyes now, it's gonna be so strange but i cant just sit here and pretend to be asleep, that's not right.George was shuffling around, i guess he's trying to get off the bed without waking me up, that's nice i guess, but not the reaction i was hoping for.

He just continued moving till he came to a halt. He didn't only come to a halt; he put his head on my chest once more. 'Oh my god,' I exclaimed inside my head. Maybe now I'll be able to open my eyes? He's doing it voluntarily, so it shouldn't be that strange, right?

I waited a few minutes before stretching and pretending to wake up. I'm quite good at this whole fake waking up. When I opened my eyes, I saw George looking through his camera roll, attempting to determine which photo he liked most. I just sat there and watched as he browsed through them until I said something.
"That's my favourite," I conversed, gesturing towards his phone. He grinned at me as he raised his head to look me in the eyes.

His morning hair is adorable; it's fluffy and unruly, but it works for him. I was simply admiring his hair when I suddenly found myself toying with it.

"Shit. I'll stop if you like, I'm sorry if I'm bothering you."

I watched as his cheeks flushed and he exhaled deeply before saying, "No, it's fine, I like it."

My heart began to race, and I felt like I was about to burst. I continued to mess with his hair. This is perfect; I'd like to stay here forever. George is in my arms, and this time we're both awake.

My stomach was grumbling, i'm starving, but there is no way I was going to get up and ruin this moment.

I wonder what George is thinking right now. He's probably wondering why my hearts beating so fast. "
Wow, someone's hungry," George observed as my stomach grumbled again.

I laughed and responded, "Yeah." "I haven't had anything to eat yet today."

"I'm no chef, but I'm pretty good at cooking french toast," George said, offering to prepare some for him.

"I'd like that," I expressed.