Chapter 1

"Ring!!"The piercing sound of the alarm clock brought me back from the dead of sleep. I started to wriggle and stretch within my cozy, warm, blanket that was on my bed. "Ahh.....so comfy!" I said, snuggling up on my blanket. "Wake up!" My brother, John said cheekily as he plopped on my bed making the whole bed bounce. "Ugh.... fine!" I said, annoyed that he ruined my cozy and comfortable moment seconds ago. I got changed, and ran down the stairs like a cat hot on my heels. The aroma of pancakes filled the air. I slid down to my seat and began eating like a pack of hungry wolves. I was enjoying my breakfast until...."Hey...." my brother said, voice trembling. He was holding the newspaper that was on our doorstep earlier this morning. "What?" I said, as a chill ran down my spine " What could it be? I knew that my brother was not scared easily. It must be something serious." I thought. As I scooted my seat next to him, a million and one thoughts rushed through my head. There on the headlines of the newspaper read "Rest in peace . Be safe president ." " Oh my .. "I said, saddened by the sudden news. The president was my cousin's friend father. "She must be very sad" I thought." Look at this....." My brother said in a high pitched voice. His finger trembled as he pointed to the words  underneath the headlines. There read, a felonious criminal, Mike murdered the president yesterday night at his house. The police tried to catch him, but was to late to arrive at the scene. It was still unclear how he got in. Investigation continues....." This picture was captured in the surveillance camera of Mike leaving the crime scene, the newspaper read. The picture showed a guy with blue hair, wearing a oversized white t-shirt that hung awkwardly on his shoulder. A thin grin, hideous grin parted his lips. "That was scary.... indeed." I told my brother. The news was very sudden. It is also hard for both me and my brother to digest the news.