Chapter 4

It was a dark, serene night as the luminous moon gleamed and the white twinkling stars gave harmony at the black, blue sky. The air was light and chilly as we walked down the pavement with light steps. Suddenly, my brother screeched to a halt. 

" Hey... Ava! Don't you think is weird for a postman to deliver a piece of treasure map? I mean isn't like treasure map found in like hidden. secluded places that not many people will usually find it? By the way, how can a postman deliver a piece of treasure map in broad daylight? If he wanted to deliver it to us why not at night with not many people around but in daylight, there is many people and the pavements and roads will be usually filled with  many people jogging, cycling and many others!" My brother remarked.

" That's true....you got a point there. Let us check the map again" I said. 

We scanned the map again and realized that here are some tiny words at the corner! It read  "Fooled you! Did I trick you?" Below signed a signature. I immediately recognize it 

" This is William's signature! It must be one of his silly old tricks again!" I exclaimed, fuming mad.

 William was our cousin, he is very cheeky and playful. I remember that was one time during April fools day, he glued my hair together at night and in the morning, I had to wash my hair ten times maybe even more to get the glue out of my hair. Thinking back, Many of the tricks he did came flooding back my mind.

" Ugh! His the most annoying cousin ever!!" I sighed.

" I know right!" My brother agreed. 

Suddenly, a brilliant idea flashed across his mind

" I know! While we were walking, I saw a old and run-down house that I think had been vacant for years! Should we go check it out?"

 " Sure! " I replied, excitedly. 

"Let's go then!" My brother said, with a broad smile.