Chapter 3

" Good Night! " I said to my brother as I set the alarm for 1.30am . My brother and I was sharing the same room. "Good night...Ava !" My brother replied. "Aren't you sleeping?" I queried, realizing that my brother was reading magazines about guns. My brother likes to read about guns and how they work. " Not just yet ..... you sleep first." He replied, as his eyes glued on the magazine. Nodding in reply, I turned of my bedside light and tucked in my cozy warm comfortable bed. As I lay down, my mind raced with more and more possibilities about what was going to happen tomorrow. I soon started to doze off  slowly falling into deep sleep. 

 "Ring....Ring!" My eyes slowly fluttered open. I glanced at the alarm clock, which said 1.35 a.m. I slowly opened my weary eyes but there as no sign of my brother. Getting out of bed, I got changed and ran down the carpeted stairs which tickled my tired feet a little, and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. There was my brother packing our gathered materials yesterday from our house putting it inside the the big and large haversack saying "Compass...check, sleeping bag ... check, torchlight check, tent... check!" "Hi! Are you ready to find the unknown location?" I interrupted. I was wearing a white t-shirt, blue jeans and my brand new sneakers I got from my mother earlier this Christmas while my brother wore a hoody and his favourite baggy shorts with a cap sitting back-to-front on his head. "I sure am!" He replied, grinning from ear to ear. " Then....Let's go!!!"I announced. My brother nodded his head in reply.