Partering with Jones

You were doing computer work for what seemed like hours, doing absolutely nothing of the exciting sort.

"Frank, this is so boooriiiinng." You groaned. You wanted to go out and get some action. Even if it just means patrolling the streets.

Soon, the station was told there was a germ leading a speed chase but to not worry until further notice. That was until you were all told Officer Jones didn't follow orders and caused a cramp in one of Frank's legs.

"Of course. That damn cell NEVER listens. When is this place gonna learn he doesn't do anything right."

A little while later, you saw Jones walk in. He was TRYING to hide behind some big germ but you spotted him. It was only a matter of time before someone else—

"Hey! It's the germanator!" Said one of your coworkers.

Everyone spotted him and then started laughing. You looked at him in the corners of your eyes while leaning against your palm while your arm was propped up on your desk.

"Ok guys, you got me there! Let's save a little for the criminals, all right?" Jones said, trying to distract everyone from his mistake.

You honestly didn't care for this anymore. You had far too much work to care for this, but you couldn't stop listening.

"Dammit, Y/N. You suck."

"Jones, when was the last time you caught anything?" An officer asked.

"Hey, hey! You shoulda seen this thing! This ain't no ordinary household germ!"

Everyone continued to laugh at him as Jones was trying to lie his way out of the situation.

A female officer behind him began to pull up the small germ by his arm.

"...This thing's bigger than all of us! This thing isn't even from Frank's body! It's like a Al Roker germ, Heavy D germ!"

You started to chuckle. He stretched out his body when he was describing the germ and started doing a small movement. You couldn't help but let it out. This was a funny situation, and who said you can't have a little fun at work?

Jones looked at the injured cop to his left who was heavily bandaged and on a crutch. He looked a little surprised after looking him up and down and gave him a small grin. Another cop with a bandage around his eye, obviously injured from today's events, interrupted him.

"You talkin' about this?"

He drew attention from Jones to look at the barely threatening germ.

Jones looked shocked. He had to double check what he was looking at. Everyone started laughing again. Jones looked annoyed at the fact he was caught.

"Yeah, uh..you know, he's slouching right now." Trying to make yet another excuse to make him not look like a loser.

"Adorable." You smiled to yourself. It's not ACTUALLY cute, you're just making fun of him in a different way. You did feel a little bad though. Must be rough trying to do good when all you do is ruin stuff even more. Doesn't help that your peers just laugh at you instead of encouraging you to do better.

"Damn. Well..now I feel bad." You frowned. "Poor Jones."

As if it couldn't get worse for him, it did. The chief opened the door and screamed, "JONES! IN MY OFFICE!"

The poor cell started walking towards his office, passing by your desk.

"Psst! Jones!" You whispered to him, shielding the left side of your mouth with your hand to try to make sure only he can hear you.

He stopped in his tracks and turned his head to look at you, his eyebrows raising as if to say, "What?"

"Good luck in there," you put your hand down and began to hold your head up with your palm again, "You're gonna need it." You smirked, playfully.

He smiled back and nodded his head. You knew he was gonna try and sweet talk his way out of his situation. You just hoped it worked.

A few seconds after Jones walked into the chief's office you saw a newspaper fly out the room.

"Yeesh. At least Jones dodged it."

You got back to work, again, typing random things that honestly, hurt your head. You got this job not only to save people, but to get some thrill. But no. You're stuck at a damn desk.

You were starting to get a bit frustrated. You felt as if you were gonna break something. You had to keep it together.

"Damn chief, not giving me the job I wanted..." you grumbled to yourself.

"Y/N! Office! Now!"

"AH DAMN HE HEARD ME."

You slowly got up from your seat and walked to his office. You glanced at Jones who was just standing there, probably more confused than you.

"Uh— yes sir?" If you could sweat, you probably would be by now. He was sitting at his desk. Looking all professional. You thought he was gonna fire you.

"I was wondering if you'd like to go with Jones on his task to the throat?"

"Wait— you're serious?" Finally! You've been waiting for this since forever!

"Of course I would! I uh— I'd love to." You awkwardly smiled. You looked at Jones again, who was smirking for some reason. You furrowed your eyebrows and gave him a judgemental, questioning, look.

"Great!" The chief got up from his seat and started pointing to a body chart of Frank. "Now our pill is getting swallowed as we speak. So get your nucleus' down to the stomach, pronto."

You were pleased with the idea of a pill going with you to your first case, but Jones was not.

"Pill? What pill?" Jones asked.

"Hah! You don't think I'd trust you and a computer worker to handle a job like this on your own would I?"

"Not at all sir." You replied. You might've seemed like a suck up but it was only so you could leave and hurry on with your first case.

"Great! Now get outta here!" You turned around before he called you back. "Y/N. You'll need this." He gave you a gun and a flashlight then rushed the both of you out of his office shouting threats as you walked out the door. You assumed they were meant towards Jones so you didn't worry too much.

As you headed out the building you decided to make conversation with your new partner.

"So Jones, whose car we takin'?" "We'll take mine. I think I parked her in a no parking zone so I gotta get her outta there anyway." You grinned at his response. It was kinda funny.

You followed him towards his car and your eyebrows raised when you saw it. It might've been one of the coolest cars you've seen in a while. So you wolf whistled at it. "Mighty fine whip ya got there, Jones."

"Oh, I know. But thanks for the compliment anyway." He smiled at you while jumping into the driver's side. You got inside and when the door shut you noticed how clean it was on the inside.

"Very nice indeed." "Hey, don't think about jackin' my ride, now." "Aw, Jones, I'd never." You leaned back and looked out the window as Jones drove, rather carelessly, to the stomach.