To the Nose! But After Donuts

The remainder of the ride was filled with pleasant conversation until Drix had no idea where Jones took him to.

"What are we wasting time here for? Do I have to remind you that I'm on a strict 12-hour time release program? First the throat, then the nose, then the aches and pains!" Drix complained.

Jones started to get out of the car obviously not caring. "Yeah, I got it. Real important stuff. Just wait in the car, I got police work to do!" Jones started to stomp away but stopped after he was about 4 feet away from the car. "Y/N, you comin'?"

"Oh! Sure! Keep going, I'll catch up!" He didn't listen and waited for you to get out.

"C'mon, girl. The way you get out of the car is embarrassing." He chuckled.

You bumped your hip into his and laughed. "Don't be an ass. Don't have your seat too far back and maybe you won't have to witness me continuously fail." You both stopped and stood by a donut shop. He ordered his donut and you ordered yours. He put his card on the table then turned around to make a call on his phone. You both agreed to pay for your own donut but you paid for his and yours.

You secretly watched him with his note-pad while eating your donut. You eventually looked down at your feet until you heard him say Red Death.

"Is that some taco sauce?"

You shoved the rest of your donut in your mouth and wiped your hands and mouth with a napkin. You grabbed Jones' donut bag and walked over to him. He put his phone away and you handed it to him.

"Thanks babe."

Babe. He kept calling you that. You know he didn't actually mean it. It was strictly platonic. It still made your cheeks warm, though. He leaned in and wiped a few crumbs off the corners of your lips with his thumb. Then he paused, his hand still holding onto your chin. He looked deep into your eyes. Meanwhile you were avoiding eye contact. What was he thinking about?

He let go then shook his head. "C'mon." He mumbled, walking towards his car.

Getting into the car, Jones had asked Drix about what he learned. "Yo, Drips! You ever heard of the Red Death?" Drix didn't speak but just shook his head 'no'.

"Does he have something in his mouth?"

Jones pouted in return and turned on his radio.

"Where we headin' to next Jonesy?" You asked, resting your head against his driver's seat. He opened his mouth to speak.

"The nose, I hope." Drix interrupted. "Yeah yeah, we're going. Relax." Jones replied, eyes rolling.

You lied down on your back in the backseats with your hands behind your head. Consciousness started to drift away after a moment.

"Damn..these seats are comfy."

You fell asleep.

...

You felt yourself being picked up out of the seats. Your eyes opened once you were fully out of the car, locking eyes with..Drix? He put you down and you dusted yourself off. "Thanks..buddy." You jogged towards Jones who was looking over the cartilage wall, peering at all the other cells coating the pollen pods with mucus. Drix joined the two of you, standing on your right while Jones was on the left.

"Big boy thought the nose was under attack." Jones smirked.

You looked over at Drix who had a bashful expression on his face. You chuckled and went back to looking forward. Suddenly, a pod made its way past the guards. Drix tried to touch it but Jones slapped his hand away.