Chapter 13 - Same circumstance/day

3rd person POV

As the first man runs towards Laura, she immediately defends herself. She punches him in the face before kicking his ribs. He lands on the floor, knocking himself out as his head crashes on the concrete. Another 2 of the men try to attack her. Before they can touch her, she gambols out of the way, tricking the men into hitting each other. She then sweeps the legs of the man she landed near, taking his knife from his belt, and stabbing him in the throat with it. She then swings the knife behind her, slamming it into the groin of her next attacker before she stands and kicks him in the face, making him fall to the ground. Within 2 minutes, she has taken down 3 men.

The two she had tricked before are now running at her again. She throws the knife into the shoulder of the man on the left, running towards the other man. She kicks him in the stomach and swings herself as she jumps onto his back, holding him in a headlock. Meanwhile, the last guy pulls the knife out of his shoulder and launches himself towards Laura. Knowing he would do this, she flips herself and the guy she is holding onto the ground, causing the last guy to trip and stab his colleague in the chest. She releases him and stands up to regain her bearings. However, it is too late, and the last guy punches her in the face.

She hits the floor, hard. Her breathing is heavy, and her energy is very low. She lays there for a second, considering if it is worth trying to fight back anymore. Before she can finish her thought, she can see a large boot making its way to her ribs. She quickly grabs they guy's foot and pulls him onto the ground. She straddles his waste and pushes his shoulders to the floor. She starts to punch his face repeatedly, not caring about the blood spraying all over her. It's not until Sabini pulls her off the lifeless body that she realises what she had done.

Tommy's POV

All me and my brothers can do is sit and watch as Laura beats the life out of Sabini's guard. Where the fuck did she learn to fight like that? I watch in shock as Sabini pulls her away from the dead man in front of her. My jaw clenches as I see a smirk cross his lips. The next thing I know, he is whistling for more henchmen to come into the room. He throws Laura towards them. "Tie her up and sit her opposite her friends. They have a lot of catching up to do." Sabini says before leaving the room. I continue to stare at Laura as she complies to being tied up.

Once all of the guards have left, Laura immediately tries to break free from the rope. "Laura. What the fuck are you doing?" Arthur asks her, shocked. "What does it look like, Arthur? I'm trying to get out of this rope so you can escape and go home." Laura spits back, clearly upset. "You shouldn't even be here. You're only here because you chose a side. You chose a side in a fucking gang war that you shouldn't have got involved in." She adds, her eyes burning into mine as she continues to struggle in the restraints.

"How do you know so fucking much?" John asks her. "That doesn't matter." She says. "What does matter, is the fact that you're all here because of me. Ok? I'm going to make sure you're getting away, do you hear me?" she adds, earning nods from my brothers. That's when she looks at me, waiting for a similar response. "Who the fuck are you?" I ask in a low tone. "And how the fuck did you learn to fight like that?" I add, my tone and icy facial expression not changing. I watch as she stops what she's doing and takes a deep breath. "I doubt you'd believe me even if I told you." She says quietly, visibly admitting defeat from the rope for now.

"Tell me who you are." I say, my voice growing louder. "Why do you want to know?" she replies, matching my volume. I look into her eyes and see nothing but guilt. She's been lying to me. "You've been lying to us. Tell me who you are. Right now." I push, hoping my upset is obvious enough for her to break. She takes another deep breath as she looks down in her lap. Her eyes begin to fill with tears and her hands are shaking slightly. "I'm the daughter of Richard Alexander."

What. The. Fuck.