The Curious Artist

Y/N: Your Name

Y/HC: Your Hair Color

Y/HL: Your Hair Length

Y/F: Your Figure

Quick background for this idea. Y/N is an artist that just moved to Market Chipping. She's heard rumors of Howl and his castle, but she's never seen the castle before. She's also a curious bean, with low self esteem. Sorry, if this Y/N is nothing like you, I just thought it'd be a cute first meeting idea. Anyways, enjoy!

Your Pov:

I walk down the street in the early morning, as I do a little shopping for my new house.

'Next stop, the bakery.' I think to myself, as I continue down the cobblestone road.

I get to the bakery door, when a group of people rush out of the shop to look at something on the horizon. I turn to see what they're looking at, when my eyes land on a monstrous machine.

"What is that?" I practically yell in shock.

The crowd looks at me. "You don't know?" One man asks.

"No! I'm new in town."

"It's Howl's castle!" One woman sheiks. She looks as if she's about to faint.

"Howl's castle?" I ask in awe and wonder.

"Yes!" Another woman gawks at me. "Surely you've heard of it."

"Um, I've heard rumors." The second I say that, the crowd began to restate the rumors of Howl being a monster and a heart eater of beautiful women. I slip out of the pandemonium.

'That castle is stunning! I have to see it up close and draw it.' I think to myself, as I rush home without getting anything from the bakery. I throw my bags to the side and snatch up my sketchbook. 'What about the monster wizard Howl?' A little voice asks me in my head. 'He only eats the hearts of pretty girls.' I chastise myself. 'I don't have anything to worry about.'

It takes me two trollies, a hay ride, and a half an hour walk to reach the castle. I stand beside the monstrosity of gears, steam, and wood, as gawk for awhile. "This is amazing." I say to myself, before sitting down to draw.

Howl's Pov:

I come home to find Markl peeking out of a window only to take cover, like he's hiding from someone. "What are you doing?" I inquire. He jumps slightly and looks up at me.

"Master Howl! I'm so glad you're home. There's a girl outside staring at the castle!" He frantically tells me, while gesturing to the window.

"A girl?" I ask him, surprised. Markl nods, as he creeps away from the window.

"I'm sure you can take care of it Master Howl!" He yells, as he scampers to his room.

I peer out the window, thinking to myself. 'Ever since that rumor about me being a heart eater started girls stay away from me. It's really quite disappointing.' My eyes land on a stunning girl. She's sitting off to the side of my home, with something in her arms. 'A notebook of some sort.' I think to myself briefly, I'm far too distracted by her to care what she has in her arms. 'I have to get a closer look.'

I rush down the stairs, ignoring Calcifer, as I switch the door to the waste lands. I open it slowly and slip outside. I walk around the castle coming from her side. So, she doesn't see me come out of the my home. 'I would hate to scare her away-' My thoughts are brought to a halt, as I look at her. She has beautiful Y/HL Y/HC hair that is being gently ruffled by a light breeze. I look her over briefly. She has a cute Y/F. I shake off my shock of seeing such a beautiful woman at my castle and stride over.

"What are you doing out here, Miss?" I ask smoothly, as I step into her line of vision.

"You're in the way." She says, without looking at me.

"Oh?" I'm a bit taken back, but I step off to her side and peer over her shoulder. "My apologizes."

'She's drawing my castle. Why?' I wonder to myself.

Your Pov:

I'm happily drawing away, when I hear a silky voice. "What are you doing out here, Miss?" The voice asks. I can feel his presence in front of me.

'I'm so close to being done, and this guy is interrupting.' I think mildly agitated.

"You're in the way." I state flatly. I can tell he's taken aback by me as he moves off to my side.

'I can feel his gaze. So annoying.' I finish up. It takes me about another five minutes. The man waits at my side. 'At least he's patient.' I sigh and look up at him.

"I'm done-" My mind draws a blank, as my eyes fall on the most handsome man I've ever seen in my life. He has golden hair that stops right above his shoulders, fair skin and an stunning smile that would put an angle to shame. I regather my thoughts, quickly. "What do you want, Sir?"

"I was wondering what you are doing out here." He looks me over, and I feel a light blush creeping onto my cheeks. "This is Howl's castle."

"Oh, I know. I just moved to Market Chipping and saw it for the first time. I had to draw it." He doesn't seem to understand. "It's just so amazing."

The man nods, slowly. "What about Howl? Are you afraid of him?"

"No, not really. He only prays on beautiful women, and I'm really plain." I sigh and look down at my drawing.

"Plain?" The man gapes at me. "You're beautiful!"

My face burns a bright red, and I look at him. "What?" I'm in total shock, there's no way that man, just called me beautiful, when his picture should be by that word in a dictionary.

"I did not stutter." He says smoothly, before looking up at the sky. "It's getting late."

"Huh?" I look at the sky. There's not enough daylight for me to get home. "Oh no! I live hours away. I don't want to walk home in the dark."

"You can stay at my home." I look up at him. "But I do not let strange women into my house. I have to know your name first."

I giggle a bit. "It's Y/N."

'He's really smooth. He must be quite the ladies man.' I muse to myself.

He smiles down at me. "What a wonderful name." He offers me his hand. I take it, and he helps me to my feet. "Let's go inside." He gestures to the castle.

I stop. "Wait. In the castle?" I ask.

"Yes, it's my home."

I stare at him. "That means...." I struggle to process everything.

"I am the great wizard Howl." He bows slightly.

"But Howl's an ugly monster!" I yell. He gapes at me.

"What?" He shrieks. "No, I'm not!" He seems extremely offended. "I'm the most beautiful man alive!"

'Sheesh. What a drama king.' I think to myself.

"Calm down. I-I think that too, but-but I heard that you were a heart eating beast.... That's not true, right?" He calms down, after the complement.

"Ah- no, of course not. My diet does not consist of hearts in the slightest." He gives me a reassuring smile, with a wink. I relax, while blushing lightly.

"Okay. Let's go in." He nods and takes me inside.

'Something tells me this is the start of something beautiful.' I think to myself as the door of the castle closes behind me, and the handsome wizard Howl leads me to the fire place.