Nightmares

Hello everyone and a happy 2022, I hope ya'll are all blessed in this coming year! Anyways on to the story.

Y/N: Your Name

Your Pov:

Fear shoots through me, as I run in endless darkness. An eternity passes, before a dim light appears in the distance. I run and run, panting as I try to reach a light. The light is dimming quickly as it flickers in the distance. I manage to reach the orange hue in the darkness, Calcifer. 

"Calcifer!" I gasp. "You're going out."

"Yeah," He murmurs, his voice weak. "You need to get to Howl."

"Howl, why is he in danger?"

 Darkness swallows me, again.

"Calcifer? Calcifer!" I cry out, looking around frantically. He's gone.

I take in a shaky breath and choke on a thick purple smoke. I cover my nose and mouth and look around franticly. A dim light with a midnight hue flickers behind me. I turn around to see Howl's figure luminated by a strange fire. I try to call out to him, but no sound comes from me. More of the purple smoke seeps into my lungs. A figure appears behind Howl, The Witch of the Wate. I try to warn him, but still nothing. Fat tears roll down my cheeks.

'Howl, no.'

The witch reaches out thrusting her hand into his chest, tearing out his heart. Howl crumples to the ground. I scream, the shriek is so loud I don't recognize it as my own. The fire behind Howl goes out. He and the witch disappear into the darkness.

I jolt upright gasping and sobbing. "Howl! Howl!" I scream, desperately.

Howl sits upright, startled. "What is it, Starlight?" He says reaching out to hold me. I throw myself into his arms.

"Howl," I cry. "Howl, you're safe." I sob into his shoulder.

 He pauses briefly in confusion, before realizing what is happening. Howl pulls me snuggly into his chest, with his strong arms. "Did you have a nightmare, My Love?" He asks petting my hair to calm me. I nod. My sobbing has died down into a sniffle, but my breathing is still ragged. "Steady your breathing, Love." He murmurs gently into my ear. "Match your breathing to mine." He begins to take slow deep breaths in and out. I begin to mimic him. "That's it."

"Sorry." I sniffle quietly into his shoulder.

"Hush now. There is no need to apologize. Howl sooths. I nod, silently, as I tighten my grip on him. 

Howl's Pov:

I hold my precious Y/N until she drifts off to sleep. I lay down with her, holding her snugly against myself. 

'I wonder what got her so worked up. No matter, I will ask her in the morning, if it is still bothering her.'

"Sleep well, Starlight." I whisper into her ear, before planting a kiss onto her temple and drifting back to sleep myself.