Psychological Evaluation

As Chris stepped out of the evaluation room, he took Teagan's hand and said, "You've got this."

Teagan nodded. "Thanks for the vote of confidence. You sassed them, didn't you?"

He shrugged nonchalantly. "I may have told them that we'd kick some Martian ass and that I was a doctor of the soul. I never specified whose soul."

She chuckled and kissed him again. "I guess I'll see you after I get shrinked by a shrink. That sounds like a bad movie."

"I'd still watch it. Good luck, Teag. I'll see you soon."

Teagan smiled lightly and made her way into the evaluation room.

The psychologist smiled and said, "You were chosen specifically for this mission. How does that make you feel?"

Teagan shrugged. "Everyone was chosen because of their specific skill set."

"Yes, but you have a specific job to monitor how everyone, yourself included, is doing in regards to their mental health."

"I'm merely monitoring how they interact in a new environment." She twirled her ring, wishing her evaluation would be over soon.

The psychologist noticed her action and the expression on her face and said, "I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Campbell."

Teagan nodded. "Thanks."

The blonde stood and left the room as quickly as she could. It was one thing evaluating someone else, but it was a whole other matter being evaluated herself.

Chris walked up to her and smiled lightly. "Not so bad, huh?"

"No, it was much worse than bad. Whatever that is."

"But you did it. I'm proud of you."

"Not like I had a choice," she mumbled.

"Hey, now, you've got to remain positive."

Her eyes narrowed slightly. "I am positive that being evaluated by another psychologist is something I never want to do again."

"Okay, I see trying to give a positive outlook isn't going to work."

"It never does. You think you would've learned that by now. We've been together for three years, known each other for seven."

Chris smiled lightly. "That never stops me from hoping one day it will work."

"Well, that will certainly be the day then."

"Yes, it certainly will. Now that our tortuous time of isolation is over, what do you want to do?"

Teagan thought for a moment. "Honestly, I want to sit and spend time with you. If you're busy though, we can wait."

"I think I can make some time for you."

The two shared a smile and held hands as they walked away.