Chapter 1

Time has hastened, and the young dragonet wasn't so young anymore. He kept his innocence and persevered through his daunting situations with a pure heart and an independent mind. His father was rough and never around to see him grow into an anxious, weak dragon. He was a lost, poor soul in this big, tortured world with no mother to guide him. But his strings were only loosening as a bit more of his virtue slipped away each day.

A gap had appeared between him and society over those two years of pain and suffering without his mother's touch. Stardom developed a false viewpoint on the world and looked at everyone as if they were all his father. Everyone to him was cold and evil, and interaction was his biggest challenge. Stardom believed that no one had goodness inside of them; he was afraid of everyone but himself.

Stardom's father has dire plans with the queen of The Kingdom of Night. They wish to expand the nightwings' territory, and Dignity's often absence was to fulfill this matter. Stardom has never known greater loneliness and could never guess what's more important than love for him from his busy father. Little did he know that today would be another of many breakdowns from his mentally unstable father, but this one was much worse than any other so far.

The nightwing dragonet sat alone in his home, nobody to care for him. He watched the door like a sad puppy waiting for its owner to return but only to be abused and thrown to the side like the dirty mutt it is. The dark purple door to Dignity's home shimmered like a royal's clothing, and Stardom felt like he sat for hours, waiting for someone who would never come back.

And then, the unpredictable, dark purple door opened; thousands of opportunities of pain and seizure awaited from this gate's unlock due to this unpredictable father of Stardoms and his unwanted return.

The Carnagebringer came in through the door and with him, he brought his pride. "What are you doing, sitting there on the ground like a poor rainwing? Get up and get me some food!"

And so Stardom ran to the kitchen of his home in the mountains and found some raw steak for his demanding father. But raw was not good enough! He taught himself to cook at a young age with his mother's guidance, and his father used his son's talent as a tool to get what he wanted. Stardom could not cook with love but rather with the fire of his anger; he used his father's campfire and pans to cook up a mean steak with his raging firebreath. And then he served it to his father like a sad slave who was never paid for their oppressive work.

"Charred to almost the point of incineration! I love it!" the nightwing father snatched the burnt steak away from his son's talons.

Stardom nervously spoke up to his father. "Would you like to play with me?"

"Playing is a waste of time, Stardom! You should know that, but you don't do anything important with your life anyway! But that's no excuse to go picking on another successful dragon! You try to pull me away from my work! Unacceptable! Now go make yourself useful for once and go away!" the father stated and further distanced himself.

Stardom ran away with no intention of ever coming back to see his father again that day. He was still an anxious, weak dragon, so he easily broke into tears. Stardom was such a crybaby; he had trouble remembering himself in situations and struggled to consider his emotions. Nobody ever wanted what he wanted, and nobody ever wanted to give him a chance.

He ran near the room where his father and mother fought and eyed the dark corner that kept him trapped in this prison of bad memories and grief. That spot that hinged the two walls together brought his brain to a complete stop as he began to think horrible things about himself: he could not stop them, he was too weak, he was too scared, he was always anxious, he couldn't understand why his parents fought at the time and he was worthless. His father always made sure to make him feel these things about himself and the corner did too, and then there was the mountain...