Chapter 5

Stardom watched his unstable father quiver and limp as he spoke surprisedly plainly. "This is ridiculous, Stardom. That look in your eyes spells it plainly to me. Do you think I would actually kill you?" Dignity questioned and drew his head back in a laugh. "Hahaha, you're so set on proving me wrong that you forgot about your morals. You point your talons at me, and I point them right back at you because you're the stubborn one!"

"What are you talking about?" the nightwing dragonet felt his heart drop as he sunk further into the corner, he was sheltering in.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, you selfish smoke-breather!" The Carnagebringer lashed out at his son with his talons. "You think you know everything, you think you're the victim of everything, you think that you're the hero and that your life is so, so hard! 'Oh the misery you've caused me, Dignity, woe is me, woe is me!' You make me sick, thinking you have it bad. I could put you straight into the middle of a war and force you to fight for your life, and then, would you still come crying back to me that your life is supposedly the absolute worst?"

Stardom didn't respond and looked down at his empty soul. He clenched his talons and raised his whole body into the air, releasing a lethal cry from the innards of his tortured soul. He lost all of his sanity and let Satan take control as his morals melted in front of his innocent eyes. He charged and stuck his spiteful fist into his unsuspecting father's chest and roared crazily as his sins dumped from the deepest crevices of his deceiving soul. Dignity was forced onto his back and watched his disgusting creation as it showed no more signs of mercy and sympathy.

And then it spoke to Dignity and let its malicious words drench his body with all of its slimy hatred and sin. "I hate you! I hate you so, so much! I want you out of my life! I want to kill myself!"

The father smiled, pleased with his son's outburst of emotions, and tried to get up as Stardom struck at him with his uncontrollable sins again. "Why are you smiling, you monster? Are you enjoying watching me suffer?"

The nightwing dragonet tore open a small portion of Dignity's stomach as the father let his son freely tear at his body, embracing the torture. "Stop smiling! Stop doing that! I hate you! Why are you not fighting back?"

Stardom stuck in talon after talon as he dented and bruised his father over and over, crying all the while in confusion and bathing in sin. "Do you expect me to feel bad for you after all the pain you've caused me? All the pain you've caused others? You're irredeemable! You're a---" the dragonet stopped and let the strings pull his body once more, bounding his soul to law and reason once again, subjective to the punishment of prison.

"As I was saying, you're just a monster as I am!" the bigger dragon pushed Stardom off of him and jumped up into a defensive stance. "The abuser just became the victim, and it seems that after all that, you have finally learned your lesson. And it seems that you have been doing some sort of training, but your fighting is still too weak. You have been lying to me, haven't you? You haven't been training with Enlightenment, haven't you? It seems that you still possess chaos in your soul that longs to escape your lawful body, and my work with you is far from done. I will pick up with your training from where Enlightenment left off."

Stardom took deep breathes as he regained his consciousness and lawful thinking. He let his morals and philosophies come back to him. He looked down at the blood on his claws and saw a monster staring back at him from his claws' shiny reflection. He didn't understand the distance, he didn't understand his father and himself. He didn't even know who was in control of himself anymore, and he cocked his head up to meet his father's dark, sinful eyes.

"You won't be seeing your friend anymore. You have proven yourself a failure to me," the disappointed father looked down at his feeble son. "You will train under me and will not see Enlightenment again. You will not let yourself be influenced by that dirty, twisted society ever again!"