Part 4

We headed back home, i still can't decifrate why he suddenly got kinda angry.
I tried not to look at him while we were riding our bikes, but, it was difficult, his curly hair seems so soft and i would die to touch it.

I'm now sitting on my bed looking at the ceiling, i'm lost in my thoughts, i wanna know how he feels about me.
A part of me wants to be more than just friends, but, the other part it's scared of ruining our friendship.

This is such a cliché i feel so dumb.

-

It's 6.34 am, the sun is rising, the sun's rays pass through the window, the heat on my skin wakes me up.
I feel asleep trying to understand my feelings.
I didn't even change my clothes, disgusting, how could I.

I hurry up, i gaze at my watch, it's 6.36, i run to the bathroom.
When i finally washed and changed my clothes into fresh ones, i go downstairs and i make breakfast for me and my mom who's still asleep in her bed.

I cut two oranges and i try to make orange juice. Then i take some bread and i put on some peanuts butter.
After a couple minutes i hear the footsteps of my mom coming down the stairs.

"Good morning my heart" She says.
"Morning mom.. i made breakfast" I answer a little disgusted by how she called me.

She points at her left cheek wanting me to kiss her.
Ugh i don't like these kind of stuff, but i have to do it, i don't want her to be sad.
I lain in and kiss her cheek quickly, i turn back to my breakfast eating rapidly.

I look again at my watch, it's 7.27, i go up to my room and take my backpack.
I run down the stairs and wave at my mom opening the front door.

-

It's lunch time, all the students go out in the garden and sit on the benches to eat their food.
Richie hadn't spoke to me since this morning, i'm scared that he might be angry at me for some reason.

I'm with Bill now.
"Uhm, have you seen Richie yet?" I ask.
"Yes, we came at school together this morning". He answers.

WHAT?! he came at school with him instead of me?. Seriously?.

"Why are you asking?".
"Just to know.. he didn't say anything to me since this morning, so i thought- however, do you know where he is now?".
"He should be back there" Bill point at one big tree at 8 meters from us.

I hurry and go where he told me.
Tozier was right there, sitting on the ground at the roots of the tree.

"Hey Richie, you okay? Can I sit too?" I ask hoping for him to accept.
"Yeah sure" He says not looking at me.

"Is everything okay? Did I do something wrong?".
"No Eddie, you're alright".
"Uh okay".

We both stayed in an awkward silence.
I wanna tell him how i feel, but i'm a coward, i could never.

"Eddie?" Richie suddenly breaks the silence.
I look at him waiting for him to talk.
"About yesterday, I wanted to take you there because it's my safe place, so are you. I go there when i wanna think or just escape for a little bit from this world. I thought you should see that, i don't know why Stanley came there too, i wanted it to be special, i'm so sorry" He says quickly leaving me in surprise.

"That's so sweet, no one ever told me this before, and don't be sorry about Stan, it's not your fault" I pack his shoulder with my hand.
We both smile and start to eat our lunch.