}22{ - Stormy Confessions

The sound of rain drumming on the roof of her house gently pulled her toward consciousness.

She fought to return to sleep though, wrapped in a warm cocoon of blankets, safe at home.

She was vaguely aware that her head ached.

Possibly she had the flu and this is why she was allowed to stay in bed, even though she could tell she had been asleep a long time.

Her mother's hand stroked her cheek and she didn't push it away as she would in wakefulness, never wanting her to know how much Livia craved that gentle touch.

Then there was a voice, the wrong voice, not her mother's.

"Livia", It said, "Livia, can you hear me?"

Livia's eyes opened and the sense of security vanished.

She was not home, she was in a dim, chilly cave.

Her bare feet freezing despite the cover.

The air tainted with the unmistakable smell of blood.

The haggard, pale face of a boy slid into view, and after an initial jolt of alarm, Livia felt better, "Peeta."

"Hey", He muttered softly, "Good to see your eyes again."

"How long have I been out?" Livia asked.

"Not sure. I woke up yesterday evening and you were lying next to me in a very scary pool of blood", He explained, and Livia could tell by his voice it had definitely worried him, "I think it's stopped finally, but I wouldn't sit up or anything."

Livia gingerly lifted her hand to her head and found it bandaged.

The simple gesture left her weak and dizzy.

Peeta held a bottle to her lips and she drank thirstily.

"You're better." Livia noted.

"Much better. Whatever you shot into my arm did the trick", He said, "By this morning, almost all the swelling in my leg was gone."

He didn't seem angry about her tricking him, drugging him, and running off to the feast.

Maybe she was just too beat-up and she would hear about it later when she was stronger.

But for the moment, he was all gentleness.

"Did you eat?" Livia quizzed.

"I'm sorry to say I gobbled down three pieces of that groosling before I realized it might have to last a while. Don't worry, I'm back on a strict diet." He assured.

"No, it's good. You need to eat. I'll go hunting soon." Livia muttered.

"Not too soon, all right?" He started, "You just let me take care of you for a while."

Livia didn't really seem to have much choice.

Peeta fed her bites of groosling and raisins and made her drink plenty of water.