𝗔 𝘀𝗰𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝗿𝗮𝗯𝗯𝗶𝘁

Aether had seen a lot of weird stuff ever since he'd first gotten to Inazuma.

But this had to be the weirdest.

No... not the weirdest.

The scariest.

Aether and Paimon had just left Ritou and got to the Komore Teahouse to talk with Thoma.

Things were going fine, Thoma pretending to be the cute little dog sitting on the counter of the Teahouse.

Aether and Paimon saw right through his little joke and it was all good.

They met Kamisato Ayaka and were given the task of fulfilling three wishes.

As of now, they were on the third and encountered a Shrine Maiden with hair like cherry blossoms and eyes like jewels.

Kaori was her name. She had asked Aether something. Something he definitely hadn't expected to hear.

"Why would you come to a place like this?"

Aether halted and looked back at Kaori curiously who stood in front of the Narukami Shrine as the traveler was leaving.

There was a small frown on her tired face as she silently awaited an answer.

"I'm trying to search for my sister."

"You certainly won't find her in the state that Inazuma is currently in." Kaori pointed out, "Why not search Sumeru?"

Aether scowled, "Believe me, I would, but I've already gotten involved and dug a hole for myself."

"I see..." Kaori murmured, "Oh well, I'll be sure to keep a look out for your sister."

Aether had spoken to her very little but he felt as though he'd made a mistake.

And he couldn't help but feel like someone was watching him very intently...

His theory was proven when he returned to the Kamisato Estate.

"I have heard all about how you helped out three friends. My sincerest thanks to-" Ayaka had begun to say but was interrupted by a explosion outside.

"What was that?!" Paimon cried.

There was the sound of people shouting and a blade hitting another in addition to someone shouting, "Hey! You can't go in there!"

Aether noticed how Thoma tensed just as someone yelled, "💩! It's that old man's student!"

"Ah, crap..." Thoma murmured.

Paimon looked alarmed, "Crap??? Thoma, what do you mean by that? Is someone coming?"

Just as she spoke, the door to the Estate opened very slowly, allowing smoke to waft on into the room.

Aether, Paimon and Thoma watched, wary of what was coming through while Ayaka merely smiled.

They all flinched simultaneously when a hand grabbed the door and someone peeked on into the Estate, their one visible turquoise eye glowing ominously.

"You... the blond ♀️🐶 next to the floating child." the newcomer said in a low voice before they threw open the door.

Paimon hid behind Aether, too fearful to complain about being called a child.

"M-Me?" Aether squeaked.

The newcomer narrowed their eyes.

Thoma smiled nervously, "Ahaha... Ayumu... what brings you here?"