𝗖𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘆

"Aether, this is Ayumu. Ayumu, this is Aether." Ayaka introduced the two to one another, "Ayumu here has a younger sister, a Shrine Maiden, and he tends to be... overly protective of her."

"Overly protective!?" Aether cried, "He almost murdered Thoma and I!"

"You two got lucky." Ayaka said with an almost amused expression on her face.

"Huh?!" Paimon demanded.

Everyone was chilling in the Komore Teahouse, Ayumu sitting in the corner with a scary smile on his face as he nibbled on some tri-colored dango.

Aether couldn't help but send him wary glances every now and received menacing smirks plus the occasional middle finger in response.

Oh yeah, Thoma was outside.

He didn't want to be anywhere near Ayumu after almost having his spine broken.

'This dude is so unpleasant...'

"Oh yeah, Aya-chan." Ayumu suddenly spoke up, "I heard that Master Masakatsu was arrested."

"Hm? Master Masakatsu?" Paimon echoed, looking curious, "Who's that?"

"To put it simply, he makes fake Visions so that Vision Bearers won't lose their real ones." Ayumu explained, "But, he's been thrown into prison. I was gonna go get him out myself but Ayaka asked that I wait."

Aether and Paimon flinched when Ayumu gave the two of them a smile that was anything but friendly.

"I could've gotten him out by now but I had to wait for you buffoons."

"Ayumu."

"Sorry, Aya-chan! ^^" Ayumu chirped.

Ayaka sighed and shook her head before looking back to Aether and Paimon, "I hope you don't mind but I would appreciate it if you could help free Master Masakatsu."

Aether nodded, "Of course."

"Thank you. When you're ready to go, head to Hanamizaka, and look for a fireworks shop run by the Naganohara family. There, you will find someone who can help you." Ayaka told them, "Ayumu will go with you."

"Ayaka...!" Ayumu began to protest.

"Hm... Tsuji-san has been awfully irritated these days. I bet he'd be absolutely livid if he were to find out that his student had escaped prison but didn't come directly home-"

"Let's go!" Ayumu declared, jumping to his feet and grabbing Aether by his scarf.

The blond thrashed as he was dragged by Ayumu, shouting strangled complaints about how he was being choked and couldn't breathe.

Either the bright eyed Ayumu hadn't heard him or just didn't care at all.

...

The answer is obvious.

As they were headed towards their destination, Ayunu suddenly stopped.

"Here, I'm gonna stick to the alleyways." Ayumu told the two, "You go on ahead, I'll be close by."

"Huh? But why? You're not trying to ditch us and go save Master Masakatsu on your own, right?" Paimon questioned.

Ayumu scoffed, "I would but Ayaka asked me to stay with you. It's just not wise of me to show my face right now."

"Hm? Why not?"

The young man smiled.

"I'm supposed to be in prison." he stated, "Now, enough questions."