Grew to Love Together - Part 1

literally don't care enough to reread this to give it a better title so here ya go

Keefe was nervous. Fitz was no empath, but he could tell his best friend was nervous. They were just that close.

"What's wrong?" Fitz asked Keefe, a little confused on why he would be nervous.

Keefe looked at him.

"I can't tell you."He replied

"Even if you didn't look at me?"Fitz asked

"But how am I supposed to know what you think!" Keefe exclaimed

"You're an Empath. Duh."Fitz rolled his eyes.

"Oh" Keefe facepalmed

"Promise you won't judge?"Keefe asked, still a little aprehensive.

"Keefe, you're my best friend"Fitz told him solemnly"I won't ever let anything get in the way of that"

Fitz latched onto Keefes wrists and practically dragged Keefe to the hidden lake the boys found last month. They sat down on the grass, and Fitz held out his hand. Keefe latched his fingers onto Fitz's, and closed his eyes.

"Okay" FItz said"Spill"

Keefe took a deep breath, and then let it out.

"I think Biana has a crush on me"

Fitz waited for him to open his eyes, then he raised an eyebrow.

Keefe giggled.

"What?" Fitz asked, a little confused on the giggle.

"Your eyebrows practically touched you hairline!" he exclaimed, full on laughing now.

Fitz chuckled a little.

Then chuckled again

And again

Until both boys were rolling in the grass in hysterics.

The boys flopped onto their backs. They spent the rest of the day looking at the clouds and giving them shapes and names.

Their last thought before they stood up to go eat snack was

I promise not to let anything get in the way of our friendship

Oh, how innocent they were.

It was just as easy as that before. Now their motto in front of each other was lie lie lie.