Grew to Love Together - Part 3

They were a living example of drifting apart.

Sophie was amazing, but some small part of them couldn't help but hate her for what happened between them. It was all their fault, but without acknoledging the fact that there was an issue, how was that small part to be silenced?

Then the sleepover happened.

Biana, unbeknownst to Fitz, had invited everyone over for a sleepover at Everglen.

After the festivities, Fitz had had enough of the nagging feeling in his gut.

He went to go talk to Keefe.

Keefe, on the other hand, wanted to discretely show Fitz that he wasn't gonna swoop in and steal his girlfriend. He tried to draw them kissing, but before he knew it, the boy who was supposed to be Fitz, turned out to be him.

And then Fitz walked in. At first he just kind of stood there in the doorway, then he snapped to his senses.

He went to go sit down next to Keefe, who was leaning against the wall, but then Keefe flinched.

"Whatcha drawing?" Fitz asked, hurt by Keefe flinching.

"N-nothing" he stuttered, his heart wanting so bad to just explain everything

Fitz sighed.

"I came here to-"

Keefe interrupted him

"P-please. No"

At first, it felt like a dagger in his heart. then he turned to face his best friend, who was-

Oh my pures. He was trembling.

Fitz grabbed his hand, and Keefe turned to face him, his eyes glassy.

"No" he whimpered, sounding so much like the boy Keefe had know all those years ago. The one who was crying on the bench, sobbing his heart out the only time he wasn't swarmed with people.

Fitz clutched his his best friend in an embrace he hadn't given him in over 4 years. Keefe seemed to have woken up from his nightmare, because he clutched his friends shirt, sobbing into it like all those years ago.

"I-I'm sorry" he stuttered, repeating the words over and over and over again until Fitz interrupted him.

"Keefe. I'm sorry. That's why i came. I shouldn't have been such a jerk about- well everything"

"I'm sorry" Keefe continued blubbering on."I shouldn't have drew it, i was trying to draw you guys, i swear, my"

Fitz glanced at the tear-stained picture of Sophie and-Keefe? kissing.

Fitz knew under normal circumstances, he would have been fuming. But with his best friend sobbing, slowly scooching torward the corner, his heart couldn't manage it. Besides, he knew Keefe drew with emotion, and no real intention.

Fitz held out his hands

"Spill" 

He gave Keefe a small smile.

Their fingertips hooked, and both boys closed their eyes.