Chapter 14

Arsen

I walked back to the dorm and found Celine asleep on the couch, she must have been having a bad dream, because she kept twisting and turning. She mumbled something and her face twisted in pain. She gasped and sat up rubbing a hand through her hair. She looked over at me, tears in her eyes. I took a step closer, but she stood and ran to her room. I sighed and sat on the couch. What were her dreams about ?  What was in them to make her so scared? I stared out the window and it was a clear night, so I stared at the stars.

    I thought back to the conversation with my mother. She was coming to the parent meeting ‘thingy’ tomorrow and I felt like I knew why. She never did something just because, there was always a reason. I moved from the window and went into the kitchen to get something to drink.

    I thought back to that night of Cheri’s party and smiled, remembering Celine drunk. The guys and I really needed to get some hash brownies to see what she was like high, maybe she was even funnier. She walked out of her room then and saw me standing there.

    “Hey,” she said, her voice hoarse. I couldn’t stay mad at her, besides, it’s not like I liked her or anything. I smiled and she walked over to me.    

    “Hey,” I said back. She stopped at the table and sat down with her head down.

    She looked up a little. “Parent meetings are tomorrow, right?” I nodded and sat across from her.

    “Are your parents coming?” I nodded again.

    “My dad is hosting the parent meetings, and my mom is just coming.” Her eye widened.

    “Your dad is the headmaster?!” Her mouth formed a small ‘o’ and I smirked.

    “I knew it!” She said again, slamming her fist down on the table. She got quiet all of a sudden.

    “Are your parents coming?” She nodded and looked out the window, thinking about something. She was obviously thinking back to her dream because she squeezed her eyes shuts. I reached over and grabbed her hand.

    “Everything will be okay.” She smiled at me and then stood.

    “I should probably try to get more sleep.” I let her hand go and watched her as she walked back in her room.

    “Night,” I called after her. She saluted and closed the door behind her. I groaned and laid my head on the table. I couldn’t help but worry about her, and I never really worried about anyone not even myself.

        *            *            *

    I woke up the next morning hearing Celine walk around and make a lot of noise. I walked into the front and saw her looking frantic, her shirt half buttoned.

    “Celine?” She looked up at me, hair falling into her face.

    “Yeah?” Looking around, I noticed she practically flipped the whole room upside down. She looked around.

    “Oh this? Umm, I’m looking for my shoes.” I looked at her feet and there were her shoes she looked down and saw them and slid to the ground.

    “Shit,” She said. I walked over to her and sat across from her.

    “Is everything okay?” She nodded and rubbed a hand through her hair.

    “I have to finish getting ready.” She jumped up again and moved around the dorm with frantic movements. I grabbed my phone and called Pierce.

    “Dude Celine is freaking out!” He sighed and mumbled “he’s on his way.” Not two seconds later did he walk in.

    “Where is she?” She burst out of her room, shirt still unbuttoned. I looked away and Pierce walked over to her grabbing her arms.

    “Celine, it’ll be fine okay? He won’t hurt you.” I stepped closer.

    “Who won’t hurt her?” I asked. Pierce looked back at me.

    “Not right now Arsen.” He turned back to Celine.

    “I’m here. Calm your tots, because we all have teachers to suddenly turn on the charm for.” Celine nodded and Pierce pulled her into a hug. She sighed and pulled away buttoning up her shirt.

    “Thanks Pierce.” He nodded and turned to leave, giving her one last look before leaving the room. Celine grabbed a jacket and put her hair over her eye so that it was covering her eye patch. I waited for her to elaborate on what Pierce was saying, but she simply saluted and left. I rubbed a hand over my face and went in my room to get ready for my own meetings.