Chapter 21

Celine

I woke the next morning smiling like an idiot and when I walked into the front and saw Arsen standing there with shorts and no shirt, I almost passed out. He looked at me and flashed a sparkling smile. I stumbled a little and he raised an eyebrow.

“Someone’s a little clumsy this morning.” I blushed and looked away from him.
“C-clumsy m-me? Psh no.” He laughed and got closer to me.

“Stuttering too? That’s different.” My breath hitched in my throat at his closeness and the way he decided to wear no shirt. I looked up at him and he had a serious look on his face, before he leaned down and kissed me. I accepted the kiss and wrapped an arm around his neck, he responded by wrapping an arm around my waist.

“Yo Celine, Ars-!” We jumped apart from each other to see Crooks standing in the doorway giving us a smug look.

“Oh so, you two were busy? Sorry should’ve put a sock on the door.” I knew my face was getting redder, because Arsen smiled at me. I grabbed the closest thing and threw it at Crooks, he dodged it of course and peeked his head back in the door.

“Whoa, Lil C, nice try, but it’s not gonna erase my memory. I saw you two k-i-s-s-i-n-g.” I kicked off one of my shoes and threw it at him and it hit him right in the face.

“Aww, c’mon! Did you have to injure my beautiful face so early in the morning?” I put a hand on my hip and smirked.
“You want the other shoe too?” He shook his head frantically and ran in the other direction. I looked back at Arsen and he was giving me this look, that I couldn’t quite describe.

“We should go we’re gonna be late.” He nodded and went in his room to get dressed.

*            *            *

Classes breezed by and Thanksgiving was coming up soon. In fact, next week, all the guys were heading home to see their families. I thought back to my dad and our own Thanksgiving dinner, which consisted of beatings and alcohol. After all the guys left, it would be just me and Arsen. Speaking of Arsen, I didn’t exactly know what we were. We weren’t exactly dating, but we were repeatedly having make out sessions. I kept blushing every time I saw him and it was just stupid.

“So you aren’t going home for Thanksgiving?” I raised an eyebrow at Arsen over my book, which was really hard to concentrate on when the guy you were crushing on sat across from you with no clothes on.

“Can’t you go put a shirt on?” He smirked.

“Then I’d be denying you the pleasure of seeing my sexy abs.” I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my coffee.

“Don’t you have somewhere to go for Thanksgiving?” He shook his head.

“When I was younger my dad and I used to go to this festival, but now it very rarely happens. He has like a lot of meetings and stuff to go to.” I cocked my head to the side.

“What about your mom?” He instantly stiffened.

“We don’t talk.” I nodded understanding. My mom left when I was three and my dad was still the normal dad he had always been until I was ten.

“So, it’s just going to be me and you?” I said, blushing at that thought. He smiled and walked over to me, taking my book  and sitting it on the table. He pulled me up into his lap and I pushed the hair out of his face, staring into those pale blue eyes and smiling. Someone knocked on the door and Arsen groaned, setting me down so he could answer it.

“Hey, is Celine here?” I looked at the headmaster and he smiled a very warming smile. I returned it with my own.
“Good, since neither of you are going anywhere, I was thinking, that Arsen could take you to this festival we used to go to,” He glanced at Arsen. “Of course, if both of you want to.” I looked at Arsen and he shrugged. I nodded.