~Midnight Stroll~

Finally.. it was time to do what was asked of him from the start. Lilac had been pressured for months on how slacky he has been on his duties. He cannot stall any longer. The stress of knowing that Plain Yogurt said and will kill him if he hadn't gotten his true job done.
With each step toward the Prince's room, it had felt as if knives would stab his legs and feet. The guilt already seeping in though the job hadn't even been complete. Lilac's palms were damp with sweat, his Violet eyes finally looking up as he approached the Prince's room. He knocked on the door, eager to get it over with and leave. Perhaps he could forget his time in Yogurca entirely.

The door swung open. "Oh! Good evening Lilac!~" Yogurt Cream smiled softly at his bodyguard.

"Good evening, Sir." Lilac replied with his usual tone. He spoke again, seeming ever so softer, "May I speak with you?"

"Oh of course, Love, come in!" Yogurt smiled once more, curiosity making itself obvious in his eyes.

The guard walked into the room, swiftly, making near to no noise. Yogurt Cream sat on his bedazzled bedsheets, white gold and cool, perfectly reflecting the prince and his calm yet confident demanor. Lilac approached and eyed the lavish bed, as a way to silently ask if he may sit with the Prince. Yogurt nodded, patting the space next to him as Lilac sat.

The Prince, oblivious, asked with a calm tone. "What do you need Lilac?"

"Oh.. Sir, I'd like to... do something else today. Perhaps we may.. go for a stroll after dark? The scent of the night is truly something.. I'd love to share that with you."

"Oh that sounds absolutely perfect! We shall go after dark then!" Yogurt Cream clapped his hands together with a naive, innocent look... how gullible.

Lilac nodded, knowing that after dark would be the perfect time to fulfill his purpose.
The duo stood as Lilac bowed his head. Yogurt smiled, excited for their newly discussed plans. Lilac though, seemed nervous. Beats of sweat lined his head, as his normal, emotionless expression had contorted into the ever so slightest frown.

~○~

As nightfall arrived and the staff and royals had said their goodnights and went off to bed. Lilac had moved quietly to the Prince's room. He opened the door without knocking, as to not make a sound, though he did not look in.

"Lilac?" Yogurt Cream's voice quietly echoed, a light giggle escaped the mouth of the lavender haired man. "Come in, silly."

"Yes, sir." Lilac opened the door fully, letting himself in before silently shutting it. "Everyone is asleep, would you like to go now?"

"Oh yes!" Yogurt clapped, his excitement leaking out of his hushed voice.
Lilac nodded, holding out his hand. The prince gladly took it in his own. The soft touch of Yogurt Cream's hand was enough for Lilac to be reminded of the time he had spent in Yogurca.
The memories of the two walking the market streets together hand in hand. Yogurt Cream pulling Lilac to look at jewels and treasures. Being asked for help choosing which jewel looked the prettiest only to have both be bought in a matter of minutes. The memories of Yogurt Cream telling Lilac his stories from his childhood. Laying on Lilac's lap, staring up, both of the soft pairs of eyes meeting multiple times through a single minute.
Lilac flushed as he shut his eyes tight, telling himself to stop thinking of such silly things in such a serious moment.
The door, being only a few steps away, felt so far. Though inevitably, the duo passed through the doorway, went down the path to the streets of Yogurca. Still hand in hand.
Lilac sighed as Yogurt Cream had begun rambling on about a story he had thought about. The bodyguard listened to the story, knowing it would likely be the last one he would ever hear.