Subject to Inspection

Links:

~DA: https://www.deviantart.com/imperial-radiance/art/Subject-to-Inspection-888738915

~Tumblr: https://empressxmachina.tumblr.com/post/686235472701407232/subject-to-inspection-by-imperial-radiance-on

com/post/686235472701407232/subject-to-inspection-by-imperial-radiance-on

The tester becomes the tested.

***

There's a lot of context to this picture that I CBA to put into prose. So, in the event you're interested:

~Nasae's brother Reshlin arrived unannounced at her and Kolvyr's place while they were out, looking for something he left there. At the same time, the tiny team members that were home then, meaning those not out with one of the Olxied, were caught off guard, not knowing his relation and him being unaware of them, and had to hide.

~ Despina was in Reshlin's sights upon his fruitful exit. Despite thinking she was some outside infiltration and taking her with him because of it, she stayed silent to keep the others left safe, unsure of her fate but as sacrificial for the greater good as ever. 

~Eventually, she ends up in this glass jar in Reshlin's home workshop, awaiting his curious examination and her possible demise.

 If you're wondering, Kolvyr's home, despite all in it being savvy, didn't have security cautions to see it all in action, and Candela wasn't that good at detecting where Despina was. That eventually changed for the better on both counts.

~Not too long later, she's moved to an active workspace with motorized doodads. Then, technical Sergeant Quintana utilizes her skills to break herself out, shattering onto Reshlin's malfunctioning project that would probably set the whole home on fire if she hadn't.

~He, considering she clearly can't be all bad to save them both rather than just herself as was possible, asks what she is, and she tells an amnestic half-truth of her just being dropped into the area and using Kolvyr's place to scavenge for shelter and food.

~Like his sister, he's pretty nice and offers to care for her until she regains her earlier memories back. He's a great host, hiding her from his kids and close ones. However, to her discomfort, her presence fills an overbearing void that his ex-wife left, pushing her toward getting back to her friends.

~Reshlin's on a call one day, and Despina recognizes a frazzled Nasae on the other side. She manages to call her back outside his notice, and Kolvyr, under similar bounds of trust, goes to get her, leaving a note to Reshlin wanting to meet and explain the whole fiasco later.

~Upon reconvening with everyone, with Kiyoko and Nasae immediately wanting to check her vitals, Nasae asks if Despina is genuinely okay, knowing how her brother can be. But, unfortunately, all Despina says aloud at the time, in response, is that she understood why Reshlin's wife left.