14ᵀʳᵃᵘᵐᵃ ᴰʳᵃᵐᵃ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒

"ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟʟ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴜꜱ ᴍᴇʀᴄʏ ᴡᴇꜱᴛᴇʀꜱ? ᴀʀᴇɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ʜᴇʀᴇ?"

Vinci was on top of the patient doing chest compression. "I need cardio here stat!" He announced as the other doctors were running to an OR. He glanced up and saw a familiar girl, he smiled at her, "Welcome back April!" He continued to do chest compressions as he put all his attention back on the patient.

Kepner smiled up at his voice, "Thank you, glad to be back."

A roof had collapsed in a restaurant which injured many people.

"Cardio running through!" Teddy Altman ran beside Vinci, "Good, keep the chest compression going. We're almost there." She told him as they ran into the OR.

During the surgery Altman glanced up at him, "I don't think i've ever had you on my service before."

"No, we haven't had the pleasure of meeting." Vinci glanced up to her.

The two had performed the surgery successfully.

Altman walked beside Vinci out of the OR. "Have you thought about specializing in Cardio?"

Vinci bopped his head to the side, "I'm deciding in between Peds or Trauma."

Altman chuckled out.

"What, you don't like kids?" Vinci now glanced over at her.

"It's not that." Altman smiled as she shook her head.

"Ah Trauma drama then." Vinci nodded his head, understanding.

Altman nodded her head with him, "To its finest...I like you more than the other mercy wester."

Vinci chuckled as they walked back to the ER, "You all still call us Mercy Westers. Aren't you like new here?"

"First off, I've been here for months now and second of all, word gets around in this hospital." Altman told him about how everyone heard any kind of drama.

Vinci changed the outer scrub, "Of course, just like how I know you, Yang and Hunt got drama going on."

Altman went quiet as she now started at the resident. With a scoff, "Okay we just went there."

Before separating from Altman, Vinci pointed at his head, "Also love the bird cap, it's cute."

After fully separating from Altman, Vinci saw the newly returned doctor with a long bag over her arm, "April, what are you doing?"

"It's a dress for Meredith Grey. Derek Shepherd's wife who isn't Mrs. Shepherd but Mrs. Grey." She told him as she continued walking forward.

Vinci looked between her and the dress as he furrowed his brow, "You're being an assistant instead of a surgeon?"

That was when she slowed down on the walking and stopped, "It's easier, this stuff is easier. I'm not sure I can be a surgeon, coming back to being a doctor that made a mistake and killed someone."

"April" Vinci gently spoke to her, "You are a good doctor, much better than Reed. You know who else made a mistake that night. Lexie, she has a photographic memory and she's also an extraordinary doctor just like you. Plus Shepherd wouldn't have hired you back if he knew that you weren't capable of being a doctor."

"But I-"

Vinci stopped her from talking and put his hand out, "Give me the dress." April weirdly glanced from him and the dress before giving it to him. "Relax, I'm not wearing the dress." He gave the dress to an intern that passed them and told them to put it in the residents lounge. Now quickly putting his attention back on Kepner, "Follow me and be a doctor. There's lots of patients that I need help with."

While Vinci had Kepner beside him, helping him with doctors he could see her slowly turning back into a doctor, a surgeon.

"Kepner!" Shepherd raised his voice so that the girl could hear him.

April jumped up in the voice, panicking because she didn't have the dress. "Sir, i'm sorry I don't have the dress-"

"Dress?" Shepherd looked at her confused then at Vinci, "Forget that. I want you to assist in surgery with me."

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

After finishing up with some other patients with minor injuries, Vinci took the outer scrubs to put into the dispensable trash.

"Grey, you ready to scrub in? I have a valve replacement."

Meredith looked up from Alex to Teddy, "Yang is still here. Can she do it?"

Teddy looked around the hallway and saw Vinci taking the outer scrubs off, "Vinci! You're with me. Prep the patient...while I get Yang."

Vinci looked up from the trash, "Uh-Okay yes." He went into the room to get the patient ready for the Valve replacement.

" He went into the room to get the patient ready for the Valve replacement

A/N

I just can't wait till the shooting episode 

And yess April is finally back