Ch.8

Megan hadn't spoken to Rachel since she had felt like Rachel had chosen Adam over her. And she hated it. She hated how she felt like she had lost her own mother.

When she woke that morning, she walked downstairs and saw Leigh sitting with Max on the sofa. Leigh smiled. "Hey. You okay?" She asked.

Megan shrugged. "My own mother chose her boyfriend over me and kicked me out because she thought I was lying about him sitting on my bed," she mumbled.

Leigh frowned. She hated seeing her little sister looking so down. Max smirked. "Well if that's the case, how about I make it so Adam Fleet cannot cook at the school?"

Megan looked at Max. "How do you mean?" She asked.

"Well I run the school. So I can determine who does what."

Megan grinned. "Thanks sir."

"You're welcome."

***
Megan went into school with Leigh and Max. She walked off and saw her mum. Rachel frowned. "Why did Max Tyler bring you in?" She asked.

"That's none of your business is it? Since you kicked me out."

Rachel sighed. "I didn't kick you out. I just don't want any lies. I don't think Adam has been sitting on your bed. He wouldn't. So please just be honest with me," Rachel said.

Megan rolled her eyes and glared. "I didn't lie. You clearly don't want to believe me do you? So until then just leave me the hell alone. Don't speak to me, don't even look at me."

Rachel frowned as Megan walked off. Adam wrapped an arm around her waist. "It'll be fine Rach. I promise you," he said. He was going to make Megan pay for trying to ruin him and Rachel.

***
Megan was sitting in class. She looked up as Tom sat down. "How's it going with Leigh? Is it okay?" He asked.

Megan nodded and smiled. "Yeah. It's going okay. She's nice to me and she cares. Not like my mum who kicked me out when she thought I was lying about her pathetic excuse for a boyfriend," she said.

Tom smiled. He felt bad for what Megan had been through. And he wanted to help her. But it was hard. She was a young girl and she was vulnerable. "I hope you know that I'm here for you. If you want to talk," he said.

"Thanks. I appreciate that."

Tom placed a hand on her thigh and smiled. "I'll always be for you," he said as he stood up and walked off.

***
Rachel was sitting in the office when Megan walked in. "Oh. I was hoping Leigh was here."

"Megan. Waiting please love. Why have you suddenly turned on Adam? What has he done wrong?" Rachel asked.

Megan turned back to her mum and glared. "Because he was in my room. Sitting on my bed and you don't believe me," she said as she looked at her.

Rachel sighed. She didn't know why. But deep down, she felt like Megan needed help. And she was going to get her help.

But in that moment, Rachel had no idea just how Megan's mental health was about to come crashing down around her.