Ch.18

Megan knew how she was worried about Adam and the threats he had made.

She didn't trust him to not hurt anyone she cared about. She felt as though it was all getting too much.

She didn't know what was going on. She felt as though Adam was going to hurt her family. She was scared.

She had been worried about her mum too. She knew that Adam was around Rachel all the time. She was scared that Rachel was going to get hurt because of everything Adam had been doing.

She felt like she needed to get Rachel away. But she couldn't. Not without letting Adam know.

She was constantly worried about going to school. She was scared about Adam hurting her. She didn't even want her sister going to work.

She was scared that Adam was waiting. Megan's head was a complete and utter mess. She couldn't sleep at all. She was awake all the time.

She couldn't shut off. She couldn't turn her head off. She was having constant dark thoughts that Adam was going to hurt her.

Megan hated the man with a passion. She felt like she didn't have a relationship with her mum. And that was the worst thing. She was scared of all that was going to happen.

All she knew was that things were getting dark and twisted and she couldn't cope with it. She needed to get it out of her mind.

Morning came and she found herself lying there. She hadn't been able to sleep yet again. She hated it.

The door opened and Leigh walked in. She smiled. "Hey. I heard you awake most of the night. Are you okay?" She asked.

Megan shook her head. "I'm scared Leigh. I'm constantly scared of all of this. Adam has gotten into my head."

"I know babes. I can tell. But you're safe here. I promise you are," she said.

"Mums not though is she? She's with him all the time. What if he hurts her?" Megan mumbled.

Leigh sighed and sat on the bed. "This is the issue Megs. Mum isn't listening. No one can get through to her."

Megan was scared. Scared she was going to lose her mum.

***
Megan reluctantly went into school. Max walked over to her. "Hey. You don't need to worry. I've sent him on a course. Well recommended that he brushes up on his skills. He's not here today," he told her.

Megan sighed in relief. "Is my mum here?"

Max nodded and smiled. "She is. She's in the office."

Megan again sighed in relief. She looked to Max. "Promise me you'll keep my sister safe. She's the only person who looks out for me," she mumbled.

"I promise."

***
Megan smiled as she saw Tom. He looked to her. "You look a lot better. Are you okay?" He asked.

Megan nodded. "Yeah. I'm okay. I've just been struggling an awful lot lately. But I think I'm going to be okay," she told him.

Tom smiled. He knew he cared a lot about Megan. But he had no idea how everything was about to come crashing down around them.