one.

If you were to ask anyone at Padua High School what they think about Eliana Walker, you would only get a positive answer. I mean, who doesn't love her? She's a total sweetheart and has her whole future planned out already. She's undeniably beautiful too. Everybody knows that. She was oddly obsessed with serial killers and their pasts, but everyone seemed to ignore that.

This whole summer she was either at her friend Bianca's house or the mall. You wouldn't find her anywhere else. Usually every summer she does charity work, but her mom insisted her on having more fun this summer. She was hesitant, considering it was something she did every year and she found fun in the charity work, but eventually decided her mom was right.

Sadly, summer went by just like that. She was too caught up in shopping, watching movies, and practicing makeup looks on Bianca and her other friend Chastity to the point where she was actually upset that summer was coming to an end. This is the first year where she wished she didn't have to go back to school. The other years, she was desperate to go back.

She actually liked school.

Shocker, really.

Anyway, right now, Eliana was in her room on the phone with Bianca, having a full on meltdown, trying to figure out what to wear tomorrow.

"Should I just wear black? Maybe I should."

On the other line, Bianca scoffed. "Eli, I love you and all, but ew. I mean, black on the first day? Yikes!"

"Dressing in black is a fashion statement! It's deep, it's meaningful, and it's slenderizing."

"Hm, whatever. You do you I guess."

Eliana let out a dramatic groan, "Bianca, you're supposed to be supportive! So stop before I hang up."

"I am! I'm giving you fashion tips," Bianca paused for a slight second, "Honestly, you look cute in anything. You wanna dress in black, go ahead. But people will think that you just came back from a funeral. Then you'll be having a bunch of people asking, "Who died?!" and "Oh, Eliana, I'm so sorry for your loss." Then you'll be all like, "Actually, this is just my outfit."

"What."

"Oh! And then you'd be all like," she then put on a voice trying to mimic Eliana, "Wearing black is a fashion statement!"

"You make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Besides, I don't talk like that."

"Yeah yeah. Anyways, I really have to go. Kat is bugging me to go downstairs to eat dinner. She's annoying honestly. Love you!"

"Love you too."

And with that, Eliana put the phone down and deeply sighed, throwing herself back onto her bed.

"Why does everything have to be so complicated?"

Oh, if only she knew that things would only get worse once a new guy in town arrives at school.

A/N:
REALLY SHORT CHAPTER. SORRY! I WANTED TO GIVE YOU GUYS A LITTLE SOMETHING BEFORE RVERYTHING GETS BETTER.

also, a little devon evans tease on her interests🤞

LOVE YOU ALL!

picture of the day: