Chapter 2: Perfect Fit

Jungkook's pov

"Jungkook, dinner is ready!"

I close the novel I was reading and threw it underneath my bed. As much as I like putting up a tough front, I'll still like to read and write. If I wasn't constantly misbehaving maybe I could make a career out of being a storyteller.

I could smell what my mom was cooking before I even reached downstairs. It was apparently a nice dinner to celebrate the fact that I'm giving up my free will to work for Kim douchebag and his whole company. Am I really gonna go through with this?

"Jungkook! now!!"

"Alright woman!" I silently shout underneath my breath. She's at the table setting the last few things down.

"Have a seat, honey. I made fresh kimchi."

My mouth watered and I quickly sat down. She sits next to me and sighs happily. "I'm so happy you're doing this, Jungkook. You'll see soon enough that this is all for your own good."

"Yeah...sure." I quickly stuff my mouth, hoping to get out of this awkward situation soon. My mom starts to eat and gathers her thoughts rapidly before speaking again.

"I just remembered we've gotta find you a nice suit and tie for the interview."

Please no.

"Yeah...can we not? I'll just wear what's in my closet."

"Absolutely not, Kook! All of your clothes are black and ripped up. That's not presentable at all."

It's not supposed to be. It's MY style.

"I'm not wearing a fucking suit." I spit out swallowing my food harshly.

She scoffs. "Jungkook, please. Stop cursing like that towards me. It's really disrespectful."

I mumble some more at a level she couldn't hear before she spoke again. "You need to look nice for the interview. End of discussion. Suit. Tomorrow."

"If I say okay will you stop talking about it?"

She nods. "Sure."

I plaster a fake, goofy smile and put my hands up to my face. "Then yes, mother. I would love to go in search for a suit tomorrow!"

She goes straight faced. "I'll take it. Although the sarcasm wasn't needed."

I throw my napkin down and quickly get up from the dinner table. I hoesnrly couldn't stand to be sitting there with her any longer with how silent it was after our initial talk.

"Goodnight..." I hear her trail off as I walk up the stairs.

★★★★★

The very next day we wake up at 8:00am to go in search for the suit. My fight with Han-Syeok kind of got me suspended, so she figured I shouldn't just waste the day away in my room.
We had traveled to a dozen stores, trying to find the "most perfect fitting suit" as she called it. My mom has officially drained my energy all for a stupid suit I'll probably only wear once.

"Can we PLEASE go home?" I beg her as she dragged me into another store. She sighs and keeps pulling my arm.

"We won't be long!"

Once we're in, my mom starts harassing the store clerks about every suit that was available. I decided to rest my feet and sit on the nearest bench where the shoes were located. Before I got to the bench, I bumped into a tall man with an all black suit on. He turns to me and his shades are tight to his face before he pulls them down.

"Watch where you're going, kid."

My nose scrunches up. "Chill the fuck out, I didn't do it on purpose."

He looks me up and down before I hear a voice behind him which catches his attention quickly. "Hey, I'm ready. Let's go."

I see another well dressed man behind him with dark hair. He looks at me before walking away with his extremely large bodyguard.

That man with the dark hair smelled so nice. I hate complimenting people most times...but damn he was hot.

"Jungkook, where are you? I found a suit?"

My mom's voice gets closer and closer to me as I turn around and face her. "What do you think of this?"

She shows me a silk black shirt a black blazer to go along with it. In her other hand she's holding some dress pants.

"Since you've been fighting me all day about wearing a suit, I found you something a little bit more comfortable."

"That's fine, let's just go home...please."

She nods and we start walking to the checkout line.

Who the hell was that guy?

★★★★★

Shorter chapter but chapter three is much longer. Thanks for reading!

-Kenya🤍