Chapter 1: Here She Comes!

The first day has started in Elite Itan Private High School. And many people are looking at a certain, beautiful girl walking by. There were whispers and gasps, many even dropped their stuff from just how stunned they were from the girl's admiration.

And her name was Komi Shouko.

She was someone who everyone really praised and admired no matter what. Most people would even faint from just seeing her elegant appearance. That's how much people liked her. People would put her on a pedestal no matter what.

However, Komi is really just a normal person. People's mindset of her who think that she's some goddess can't be further from the truth to her. From what Komi was told, it's a family genetic thing that came from her mother's side of the family. It's weird, but it's true.

Of course, all the praise and worshipping does overwhelm her and make her kinda nervous. She even sometimes thinks that she doesn't really deserve it and the praise should go to someone else. But at this point, she just accepts epts that she'll get the praise no matter what.

Besides, it's kinda good for her to know that most people don't hate her. When she was young, she used to have massive anxiety and was afraid of talking to others. But she came out of her shell and started to be more social. And the popularity was a helpful factor for her. So as much as she want people to see her more as a normal girl, she thinks it's better than thinking that people don't like her.

She luckily found friends during her most insecure times, but it turned out that most of them had to move far to different schools. And she couldn't get their contact info because she only got a phone very recently. So Komi may not have many friends to go to school with.

But there was one friend that she knew would be coming to the same school as her. Najimi Osana. He's friends with EVERYONE. And it still surprises her to this day. Najimi was someone who helped Komi get out of her anxiety state, by making her meet new people and try new things. So it's nice for her to know that the one friend she knows who's coming to school with her is someone that helped her through a dark time for her.

But she didn't want to rely on him to socialize anymore. Her main goal in this new school is to make at least one new friend. She didn't want to give up meeting new people just because she wouldn't see most of her friends anymore. This year could give her an opportunity to get more friends!

As soon as Komi entered the school grounds, she gets immediately approached by the one and only, Najimi.

"Hey Komi!" Najimi said with a smile. Komi smiled and turned to him. "Oh hey Najimi- wait what," Komi greeted Najimi but stopped when taken by suprise from Najimi's appearance. He was wearing the girls uniform for some reason.

"Hm? What's wrong Komi?" Komi stopped staring at Najimi's uniform and started talking.

"Don't get me wrong, you look good. But why are you wearing a skirt?" Komi asked. Najimi, looking teasingly smug, responded. "Hm? What do you mean Komi? I'm a girl."

Komi got even more confused. It only developed more questions, but she decided to drop it and move on. "Y'know what, nevermind. Anyways, how are you Najimi?"

"I'm good. So far, everyone here is my friend! Most of them even childhood friends of mine," Najimi answered. Once again, it's surprising to Komi that Najimi could handle having that many friends.

"Wow. You're really good at this. I always wonder how you handle it," Komi said.

"I could ask you the same thing. Everyone kept staring at you," said Najimi.

Komi looked behind her and saw the many people who kept admiring her from afar. "Ya I guess they were. Sometimes, I don't even realize it. I guess how I handle it is by just looking foward and not pay attention to them."

"Wow. Making yourself seem that badass. That's pretty cool of you, Komi~," Najimi said a bit suggestively.

"Wh- no that's not what I'm doing! I just don't want to focus on my status of people. Besides, the staring kinda makes me feel awkward," Komi said kinda flustered from his response. Or her..? I don't bloody know lol

"Haha I'm just teasing. Honestly, it's nice that you don't let the attention get over your head," Najimi said. "If I didn't know you, I'd think that you thought were too good for everyone else."

"Well thankfully, you don't. I would've gone my old ways if it weren't for you. Anyways, you still haven't answered my question about how you handle having many friends," said Komi.

"Ah right! I make a schedule for each of them," Najimi replied. Komi got a bit confused. "A schedule?"

"Yeah! With the amount of friends I have, I gotta organize something to make room to hang out with all of them. The conversation we're having right now is also part of my schedule," Najimi replied. It's surprising to Komi how complex he/she handle it.

"Wow. Your way of interacting with friends is complicated," said Komi.

"Well I gotta handle it somehow y'know. We all have our ways," said Najimi. "Anyways, I gotta go. I'll be late to greet another friend I put on my schedule. And we don't wanna sleep on schedule, do we? Bye bye!"

"O-oh ok bye," said Komi

After the small yet interesting talk with Najimi, she continued to walk inside the school building.

She walked to her locker and grabbed her school shoes. She's been thinking of what this new school has to offer. She just hopes it gives her a chance to make a few new friends.

And then suddenly, a boy walked to the locker next to Komi's. She thought he was kinda cute even if he was a bit average, but she didn't want to think much of his looks. This could be her chance to have a conversation with someone. Komi wanted to greet him.

"Uh- hi. Your shoe locker is next to mine. It must be we're in the same class! My name is Shouko Komi."

...

The boy then slowly turned to her, with death-glaring eyes. It gave her shivers. The mood changed extrasticly. She was looking scared. Was she doing something wrong? Did he want something from her? Is this a threat!?

But as if all of that didn't happen, he then speed-walks away Komi. Not even saying a word.

Komi was baffled from that interaction. However, it sort of felt familiar to when she couldn't communicate when she was young. Maybe that was the same case for him, but she didn't want to assume just yet. For all she knew, he might've actually been just as threatening as his aura.

She then looks at the name of the locker.

"Tadano"