Chapter 3: Talk through the Chalk

After what happened, Komi and Tadano walked down the school.

"So I was right about you having trouble speaking?" asked Komi.

Tadano gave her a gentle nod once more.

"Well if it's comfortable for you, do you want to talk about it?"

Tadano started to tremble a bit. He does want to talk about it, but is too nervous to speak.

"Hmm. I wonder if there's an easy way for you to communicate," Komi muttered to herself.

The silence between the two of them lasted for 10 seconds, until something came up in Komi's mind.

"Ah! I forgot something in the classroom. If you want, you could follow me there and we could try to talk about it on the way."

Tadano gently nodded. The two started to head to their classroom. However, none of them spoke dur to their current dynamic. Even with Komi not really looking at Tadano, she could still feel him staring at her for some reason.

Once they got to the classroom, she went to the desk that she sat in and found what she forgot. "Aha! I got it!"

It seemed like what she forgot in the classroom was a little cat keychain.

"Haha. It may seem childish to carry this around, but I don't really care. Anyways, we could go now-"

She then noticed that Tadano was staring at the chalkboard. He seemed like he wanted to write on it. It didn't take long for Komi to understand once she remembered that in his self-introduction, he wrote his name on the chalkboard instead of saying it.

"Ah! Do you wanna try to communicate through the chalkboard?"

Tadano was surprised that she knew what he wanted to do. Nevertheless, he nodded and walked to the chalkboard. He grabbed a piece of chalk and started to write.

"I'm sorry if I weirded you out."

"Well, you didn't really weird me out. I was just worried if I did anything wrong to you. But now that I know that you have social problems, I understand now," said Komi.

"Okay. That's good," Tadano wrote

...

The quiet silence between them made things awkward for both of them. They couldn't really work of each other in their conversation.

Tadano then started to write again.

"If I'm bothering you, I could leave."

"N-no you're not! I was the one who decided to talk to you. You're not bothering me one bit," Komi exclaimed as she shook her head and waved her arms.

(Something similar to this)