Chapter 6: Help

-SUMMARY OF WHAT HAPPENED SO FAR (yes we're doing this again just in case if any of you forgot the plot so far, which I won't blame you because of how long this is taking)-

Komi, the madonna of the school who thinks all the attention given to her is very overwhelming, starts a new year in high school. She then meets Tadano, a boy who may seem scary until you get to know him.

It turns out that Tadano is just nervous, shy, and self-conscious of others' opinions of him. Komi decides to help Tadano reach his goal of helping him be more social.

The next day, Tadano attempted to socialize with someone by himself since he didn't want to feel like a burden to Komi. But it didn't turn out well and ended up threatening Tadano for being with Komi. And that definitely brought down his self-esteem to try more.

And now we end up here. LET'S CONTINUE!!!

(Note: When the text is like 'this', it's Tadano's writing.)
_____________________________

It's lunchtime.

Ever since Tadano's attempt with social interaction failed, he can't help but keep thinking about it. It's been bothering him for the last couple of periods.

Was he the problem? Should've he just used his notebook to speak instead of using his poor communication skills? Was he just as a bother to everyone else? And in that case, is he bothering Komi with his burdens?

Those are all what he's thinking. He's pretty close to tearing up, but he decided to put all his thoughts aside and just get ready to head to the cafeteria with Komi. He was able to pack a sandwich, an apple, and a water bottle.

They then began to head to the cafeteria, with Tadano trying not to think of what transpired. Komi turns to him and sees the distress on his face. Yeah he's not that good at hiding it.

Komi was about to ask him if he was really alright. She didn't just wanna stand there and not help Tadano in any way she can. But-

"Heyhey Komi!"

...But then a wild lavender-haired social butterfly appeared behind the duo, interrupting whatever Komi was about to do.

"Oh uh- hey Najimi! Um- how was class?" the long haired girl asked her childhood friend. The question brought a sudden gloom to Najimi's face.

"Boorrrrringgg! I thought high school would be way more interesting, but it's just the same!!" Najimi said, before suddenly switching up their mood once they saw Komi.

"Oh hey! You got a boyfriend already? It's nice to know that you've grown to get with people since then-" The lavender stopped speaking when she saw Tadano's very intimidating face looking at him.

From an outsider's perspective, people would probably assume that the boy hated them and wanted death upon them. Fortunately, he's only just nervous because he hasn't talked to Najimi in so long and didn't know what to do.

But UNfortunately, Najimi didn't know that and assumed the worst.

Komi could just feel the tension between the two as both of them stay quiet, not knowing what to say or do. So Komi initiates the conversation.

"Um- Najimi, meet Tadano! And Tadano, meet Najimi. Maybe you guys have already met because he- she- they're childhood friends with everyone. So um..."

Both of them just seem frozen, waiting anxiously for what the other might do. Not wanting the silence to keep going, Komi nudges Najimi. "Uhhh, Najimi? Najimi, you alright?"

"Uh- oh sorry! Just uh... just surprised to see Tadano again!" Najimi said. This was a situation that confused Komi. Like, Najimi is a socializing expert, and this is the wall that she can't break? There has to be more to this.