Generic

Tell me what would you rather read

A story about a person who gets reborn into another world or a literal second chance at life who through trials and mistakes learns how to improve his personality and became a better person

or

The Legendary Omnipotent Sigma Chad Ultra Instinct Silver Eyes Blue Dragon Emperor getting all the ho's and cucking all anime mcs?

Personally, I'd go with Option 2, I'd rather stick to the same shit you see every day instead of try something new (plus, why would I want an mc with flaws? an mc having actual flaws and improving and evolving from your average redditor to a decent fucking human being sounds boring! Where tf is my power fantasy at?)

Ok, sarcasm aside, this is the same reason why I can't scroll through the fucking Isekai tag anymore!

The villainess trope is overused and the bunch of interesting stories get buried under the cliche ones.

I'm not saying that cliches are bad (Cliches are just overused phrases, motifs, and tropes and even if your work is a parody, it's 100% inevitable for a story to have tropes)

Now for some actual advice

For all new writers out there, don't be afraid to try something new, you shouldn't worry if your story will get any reads cause it isn't what people are used to. All you should be writing is what you "Enjoy" this is a generic encouragement speech but dammit I'm saying it! (And this goes ESPECIALLY for the fanfic writers)

Don't worry if you'll get any reads cause your story isn't some fucking "Jauneverse" or "Orange Dragon Emperor" I encourage all writers to not just copy what everyone else is doing but unleash all their creativity on paper, I'm TALKING making a goddamn sacred gear that isn't a Longinus or make the protag a man in his goddamn 60s.

remember the words of Shia LaBeouf Buff

Cause that right there

That's the TRUE sigma male grindset