Chapter 1: First day of school, or is it?

Author notice: Hi! Hope you enjoy, this is my very first fanfiction. CREDITS GO TO ALL RIGHTFUL OWNERS OF THE IMAGES AND VIDEOS I USE. (Unless they are mine, lol) Thanks, enjoy! 

BEEP! BEEP! The navy-blue-haired boy woke up to the intense sound of the alarm. 'Here we go again...' sighed Valt, as he got up, running his hand through his messy, but soft blue hair. He turned off his alarm, '5:00 a.m. Saturday,' it read. Valt got out his clothes, showered and got ready. He grabbed his headband, he was going to be late. He rushed downstairs, not stopping for breakfast or to say goodbye to his family, leaving Valt's mom (Chiharu) confused.

It was an hour's walk to school, and no cabs were around during the time, which is why he had to wake up at 5, so he could arrive by 6:30 a.m. Valt hurriedly scurried, like he was running away from a tiger, not wasting a second to take a breather. The school grounds were in sight, he began to slow down until he reached the building. Valt panted for a minute or two, just trying to catch his breath again, he was just glad he made it on time, at least, he think he did. He checked the clock hanging above, it was 6:40 a.m. he did make it. Valt walked to the nearest bench to rest, he deserved it.

Without even realizing it, he began to doze off, 5 slow blinks and, he was in dreamland. The slumber didn't last long though, he was awoken by a familiar voice calling out to him. 'Valt..? Is that you?' It said. Valt saw an albino boy, with bright crimson eyes stare at him. 'Shu! Wait, you're not in your normal clothes...' Valt questioned, curiously. Shu glanced at Valt, confused, 'Valt, its the first day of the summer holidays?' Shu replied. 'And, even if we did have school, its a Saturday.' He continued. Valt blinked, dumbfounded. 'Righhttt, I knew that!' Valt guiltily shrieked. 'When will you ever change?' Shu thought to himself.

'Alright then! I challenge you to a battle! What do you say?!' Valt happily exclaimed. Shu checked his watch and looked back at Valt, 'You're on,' he replied, bringing Spryzen out of his pocket. 'Sweet!' Valt said, with a beaming smile across his face. He was searching his pockets for his bey and launcher, nothing. Valt looked back up at Shu, nervously. 'Umm..I think I forgot Valtryek, haha! I guess I must've been in such a rush to even notice-' Valt uttered. Shu put back Spryzen in his pocket, looking back at Valt, he could tell he was disappointed. 'Hey, it's alright, we can have that battle some time later.' Shu said to cheer Valt up.

Valt quickly changed expressions, his amber eyes shined in the sunlight with sparkles in them, meanwhile, a sweat drop fell behind Shu's head. Valt swiftly took Shu's arm and ran to the nearby park, where they always used to go. Valt and Shu chose a place to settle down, and when they did, Valt grabbed a plastic bag from his bag. He opened it, revealing delicious food inside. 'Yes! I'm starving!' Valt screamed as he stared at the food. Shu grabbed a piece of beybread and bit into it, 'Hey! I was gonna have that!' Valt stated, looking at Shu with an angry face. Shu swallowed the bread he had bit off and answered Valt, 'There's another one if y-' but before he could finish his statement, Valt tackled him.

Valt was able to snatch the bread from Shu's hands, and he looked satisfied. Shu grinned, 'You really wanted it that much? Why though?' He asked. Valt responded with his mouth full,'Well, because you had it!' Shu's eyes widened, he didn't know if he heard that right. 'I mean like, you made it look like it tasted good-' Valt clarified. 'Oh...I guess that makes sense,' Shu said. 'Do you plan on getting off me now?' Shu added. Valt wasn't planning to, but he could see Shu wasn't able to breath, so he sat back down at his place. Valt flashed a wide smile at Shu as he got up, and Shu may have not realised it but he smiled, slightly.

Shu checked his watch, '7:00 a.m.' it read. "I've got to leave soon Valt,' Shu said.

Author Notice: Well, there's that, the very first chapter. I'll be releasing the next one soon!