Chapter 8: The resolution...?

Author Notice: Well that was quick! The finale is finally here. Thanks so much for reading and making it all the way here. Enjoy!

I ran out of my room, dropping my phone in the process. I hastily ran from my house to the hospital, like on the first day of the holidays, only this time, I hadn't slowed down, never. I couldn't afford to waste a minute, even a second, not in this situation.

When I got there, I rushed towards Shu's room. The heart monitor was gone, and most of the machines were too. 'Shu...No....' I whispered, trying to hold back my tears. 'So sorry it had to be this way man...' Rantaro reassured me. I held Shu's hands in my own, letting my tears fall down on it. 'Why...Shu? I-I...I love you...'
Suddenly there was absolute silence. I closed my eyes, thinking about my albino.

'I love you too,' I heard a voice say. I snapped out of my trance and saw Shu. He smiled at me, was I dreaming? Then, I heard laughs and giggles going on behind me. 'We got you good!' Rantaro chuckled. Even Wakiya laughed. 'That was a good one Honcho!' He cried out. Just then, silence echoed the room, once again. 'Honcho? You never call me Honcho...' Rantaro asked confused. Wakiya's face started to turn pink, he stormed out of the room after a few seconds.

I turned back to Shu. I had mixed feelings, one side of me was mad but the one that dominated was that of happiness. I hugged Shu tightly, not wanting to let go, ever. 'Easy there..!' Shu giggled, as he hugged me back. 'I'm not letting you go again!' I happily exclaimed, as my eyes started to tear up. 'But why did you...?' I asked him, my grip, loosening. 'Because...' he said. He pulled away from the hug and set both his hands on each of my shoulders, making eye contact with me.

'Because I love you so much Valt, and I would sacrifice anything and everything to tell you that and to be with you,' he told me. My face started to turn pink. 'I would too!' I told him, hugging him once again.

'When we're old enough...would you be my boyfriend?' I asked. Another moment of silence. I started to worry. Was it too early..? 'Of course!' I heard Shu reply. My tense feelings went away. 'But for now, how about we stick to kisses on the cheeks?' He laughed. I smiled at him, nodding. Everyone started to giggle and congratulate us. It was perfect. Our love had made it through the test, the test of destiny.

The end

Author Notice: EEK! Finally! I really hope you enjoyed the story, may or may not make a sequel...