Chapter 6: A mistake in destiny

Author Notice: Yay! 60 views! Thank you so much guys! We are doing so well, couldn't have done it without you :)

The six all went down to have breakfast after getting ready. 'Good morning boys!' Chiharu greeted. 'Morning!' They all replied. 'Some special beybread to celebrate the occasion. After they finished, one by one, they left. First it was Wakiya and Rantaro, who had to settle some things between them. Then Daigo, who had to go visit his younger brother, Ryota. And after an hour, Ken left. It was just Shu and Valt. Neither of them spoke, not after what happened this morning or yesterday night.

Shu POV
C'mon Kurenai, you promised yourself you would tell him! Now is your chance! 'H-Hey Valt,' I uttered. He turned his head towards me, and I saw a beautiful sight, his hazel brown eyes glowing from the sunlight. 'I..' We both said at the same time. 'You can go first...' I assured him. He nodded, and just when he was about to say something, he stopped himself. 'N-Nevermind..' he told. Now it was just bad, I suddenly lost my confidence to tell him. So, we didn't really do much. We started a few conversations from time to time, but aside from that, nothing.

Before we knew it, it was already 6:00 p.m. I knew I had to go now, it's not like we were doing anything anyways. I stood up, explaining to Valt I had to go. I opened the front door, but Chiharu stopped me. 'Shu, at least stay for dinner,' she insisted. I sighed and smiled, letting her know I would. 6:30 p.m. the clocks read, now I really had to go. It started to rain again, but I brought my umbrella, so no worries. 'Thank you Mrs. Aoi, I'm afraid I'll have to go now,' I recited. 'Hey Valt, go walk Shu home,' she told to my blue-haired friend. I tried to explain to her that I'd be fine, but she stood her ground, and there was no point fighting back.

Valt tagged along, and it seemed like nothing happened. We were chatting about life and blading, just like we normally do. I stopped by a store to pick up some things and told Valt to just wait for me outside, he had an umbrella too, so it was okay.

Valt POV
Shu told me to just wait outside, and so I did. After a few mintues, a shady-looking man approached me. I tried to ignore him, but he tried to engage in conversation. 'When will you be back, Shu...?' I thought to myself. 'Hey kid,' the man said. I ignored him and pretended I didn't hear him. He seemed frustrated by my gesture. 'Hey, don't ignore me,' he persuades. Just then, he took my arm, making me drop my umbrella. He ran, while having a strong grip on my arm, I tried to escape, but all my attempts had gone in vain. He slowed down when we were deep in the woods, I was starting to get scared.

Third PER
'No-one is coming to help you,' the man laughed. He was a lunatic, he reached for his pocket, and got out a pistol, aiming it at Valt. 'I won't harm you if you give me everything valuable you got on you,' he continued. Valt's eyes were filling up with tears, he knew that there were little to no chances of being saved.

Meanwhile, Shu went out of the store, confused. 'Valt?' He questioned, looking around. 'C'mon out now, you win!' he tried to tell him. He then stumbled across Valt's umbrella, this made Shu worry. 'VALT!' He screamed, his eyes getting watery. His voice was starting to crack after shouting too much, and his body was shaking. The love of his life was no where to be seen.

Valt POV
Oh no...I have nothing, don't worry, someone will come.

Third PER
'Kid, stop wasting my time, give me everything you got!' The man screeched. 'I-I don't have anything,' Valt started to tremble. 'Then, you are of no use to me,' the man answered. He held up his gun and pulled the trigger. Then Valt heard the man running away. Valt closed his eyes, worriedly. He began to wonder why nothing happened. He opened his eyes, and his heart sank to the ground.

'SH-SHU!' He screamed. He ran up to his dying albino friend. 'Shu...' Valt cried, his tears rapidly falling, one after the other. Valt held his friend in his arms, sobbing. 'Why...?' Valt asked, his voice cracking. Shu just smiled, saying nothing. 'Stop it! Please!' Valt exclaimed. 'Valt...if I-I don't make it,' Shu mumbled in his dying voice. Valt looked away, trying not to listen. He didn't want to face the possibility of his best friend not surviving. 'Valt, look at me, please,' Shu requested. Valt did as he was asked. 'I...just want you to know, I love you so much,' Shu assured, smiling after finishing his sentence. His crimson eyes glowed darker, into a garnet color, and they were building up on tears.

Valt's eyes widened. He wanted to reply. But it was too late...before he knew it, his friend had already had his eyes closed, and was lying in his arms, motionless. Valt realised that there was a hospital nearby and tried to carry Shu, but as hard as he tried, he ended up almost dragging him in the rain.
The blood from Shu's bullet wound had left a red trail behind them. Valt was getting weaker and weaker, and it wasn't because he was tired, it was because his eyes kept tearing up, and he had a breakdown every now and then.

When he finally reached the hospital, he rushed around to find a nurse. 'I need a nurse! Please! My friend is dying, and- and I don't know what I would do...without him,' Valt screamed, crying in the process, when suddenly a nurse stopped by. 'Sir, please quiet down, this is a public-' before she could finish her sentence, she was cut off by Valt. 'I don't care! Just please, help my dying friend!' The nurse looked behind Valt, seeing Shu's bleeding body. She quickly pulled out a device and said, 'I've got an emergency by the entrance, I need quick staff, ASAP.' Just then, 2 other nurses came rushing with a moveable hospital bed. They swiftly helped Shu on top, then one of the nurses walked to Valt. 'What is your relationship with him?' She asked. 'I-I'm his childhood best friend,' Valt shakily said. 'Alright, we'll let you know when he's okay,' She assured Valt. He nodded in response.

Shu was currently in surgery. Valt was waiting outside, walking restlessly from one wall to the other, thinking about his best friend.

Valt POV
Everything just happened so fast, now I'm here worrying about my best friend. Why did he do that? I should've just accepted destiny. There must be some sort of mistake. Why, Shu? Why....? I can't live without you, I need you. I love you. Suddenly, I heard a buzzing sound in my pocket. I reached out to my phone, with my blood-coated hand, leaving red marks on my pants and my phone. I was surprised it was still working after having being drenched in the rain. Honcho was calling, I picked up. 'Hey man, where are you? I haven't seen you all day!' He said. 'A-At the hospital...' I answered. There was a moment of silence for a minute. 'W-What?! Why? Are you okay?!' I heard him say over the phone. 'I'm not the one you should be asking that...' I replied. 'Shu...he,' I tried to say, without trying to cry and bawl like a baby, especially not here...not now. With tears falling down my face, I said, 'H-He got...sh-shot.' Honcho asked, 'Which hospital are you guys in?' 'The one near my house,' I responded. Then, the call just dropped.

The light on the surgery room had turned off, meaning Shu's surgery was done. A nurse came out and I quickly rushed to her. 'The surgery was a complete success, we were able to extract the bullet, but he lost quite a lot of blood, so it's a good thing you got him here when you did,' She said with a smile on her face. I sighed in relief, knowing Shu was still alive. 'You can see him if you want to,' she added. I nodded in excitement, and she directed me to his room. I ran so fast, like nothing before, I just wanted to see Shu. I opened the door, and there he was. Shu was lying on the bed, with a ventilator to help him breathe. I held his hand, (which was connected with weird sort of string-like things to different machines) close to my mouth, my lips lightly grazing it. Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep by his side. 

Author Notice: Long one again hehe, sorry if it seems unreal, that's because I don't have a lot of ideas. Valt couldn't run because idk, let's say the man had an invisible field. Yes. Just stick to the story >:((

But, I hope you enjoyed! Byee!