Chapter 9

It was getting close to yet another full moon, and Hope slowly woke up, feeling Landon still right by her side. A small smile formed on her face as she slowly opened her eyes.

"Hey" he said, looking at her.

When Hope spoke, her voice was gentle and a little tired, looking at him. "Hey"

"I should probably get going soon so I can get dressed for school" Landon said, looking at her.

Hope nodded and pressed her lips to his. "You're getting breakfast before you go"

"Well, I make pretty amazing pancakes, so maybe we could make it a team effort"

"Deal" She pulled him close and kissed him lovingly before slowly pulling out of his arms and checking the time "It's a good thing we woke up early"

"Mmhmm. I wouldn't want to leave without seeing you a bit longer"

Hope blushed slightly. "Well, you'll definitely see me at school too, but I do like this, waking up and seeing you in the morning" she admitted

"Maybe we can do it again sometime" Landon said, his cheeks pinkening lightly but a smile on his face.

"We should. That was the best night of sleep I've gotten in a while" Hope said and headed downstairs, not bothering to put on something better than her tank top.

She went over to the kitchen and started pulling things out for them to cook with, glad their kitchen was currently stocked. She then began working on eggs and sausage Landon joined her side and started working on making pancakes from scratch. He looked over at Hope with a smile a little before focusing on what was supposed to be his priority at the moment.

Last night, it felt like he had finally found a place he belonged. A home. It felt right in ways be couldn't explain. He had felt it other times he was around her. But here and now, laying in bed with her and falling asleep by her side. Just holding her. It was the best night he ever had. And he knew he had only known her for almost two months and dating her for three weeks. But he couldn't help the fact that it felt RIGHT. Like something in his freaking life was finally working itself out and giving him something. That being around her made all of the suffering to get to this point worth it.

Eventually, they finished cooking, and the two worked together at setting up their plates before taking a seat at the kitchen counter. Hope took a bite of her pancake and moaned a little. "Okay, you may not have powers, but you are a pancake god" she said

Landon grinned at her words. "Im glad you like it" he said before starting to eat. "You make pretty great eggs too"

"Thanks. I picked up a few tricks from Cutthroat Kitchen and played with it till it worked. Gave me something to keep my mind off of things besides painting and doing magic"

"Do you cook often? I mean we usually just order pizza or something"

"Not often. But sometimes."

He nodded a bit, looking at her. "I sometimes had to for my foster families. There had to be something I was good at to help avoid anyting I didn't want to happen."

Hope reached over and took his hand in hers, giving it a small squeeze. She knew about his past because he had talked about it before about the abuse he was put through with his foster families over the years of his life. She hated that he suffered his whole life with one cruel family after another. All she wanted was to give him a place to stay but he no longer had to go to his abusive Foster family. However, she was not sure but he would accept it so she wanted to wait a little bit until they were further on their relationship to consider asking him to stay in the spare bedroom or anything. She did not want him to have to suffer but waiting might be for the best.