Prologue

I do not own WMMAP, all rights to the owner

Hiraeth:

A homesickness for a home you can not return, a home which may never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost places of your past...

Athanasia stands alone on the open field, alone, just as she has always been. Unlike the Athanasia you might have heard of, this Athanasia is tired. Tired, currently cold, and very hungry. As the second princess walks across the now-former battlefield she wonders, "How did it come to this?" Well my readers I am here to explain just that.

In a world, we very well know one of the generals of the American army sits at her desk reading reports. I will not bore you with the nitty-gritty but as tensions rise across our world the armies of it prepare to fight. Many people joined the armies of their home countries, only the best of the best will come out on top.

General Viveka sits alone in her office drinking, thinking about the stresses of her life. Viveka entered the ranks of the military at the ripe age of 18 and has been working her way up ever since, with the seemingly out of this world intellect and, amazing battle strategy, she holds the seat of one of the youngest generals in American history, currently 26 ( 25 when appointed). With her young age comes the challenge of not being seen as an equal amongst her peers.

As she drinks, a cold breeze enters the building sending goosebumps up her spine. The breeze held a warning, almost a word of warning, to be aware that her life will change. And it did.

To be continued ...