The Morning Meeting

Don't own WMMAP

Previously on Hiraeth:

After they finished talking they retired to bed,
"Tomorrow is going to be a long day," Asia whispered to herself.

Asia woke up the next morning at dawn, birds chirping, sunlight dripping from the horizon. She stretched and thought about what she had to do today,
'Ok, I have to see Felix, go talk to Claude about our bet, and try to avoid Jennette.'
She and Lucas decided to wait to use the branches. Lucas would use the branches on the two branches on the other two when Asia sent a letter saying she was about halfway done with the war. She would use the branch on herself a few days before she left. It was a risky plan, but it would have to do. She got ready and magiced an outfit for herself. Since she was going to go see Faivan later she decided to wear movable clothes and put her hair in a braid. She was wearing a red button-up shirt that had pieces of fabric tied together around her neck. On top of the shirt, she wore a brown vest and navy pants. All with her magic ring and a black belt to tie it together. As she walked out Lily was about to knock on her door,

"Oh! Are you ready?" Asia smiled and told her the plans for the day.
Lily waved goodbye as she walked to the garnet palace. Deciding to scare Felix and hopefully show off a little, Asia walked quickly and quietly to the Garnet Palace. Not knowing exactly where she was going, Asia decided to wing it. Walking very suspiciously around the palace Asia finally found Felix standing in front of a door that looked like a dining hall. Sneaking up on Felix was going to be difficult. Making herself invisible and sneaking up to his side was easy enough. Deciding how to scare him was the hard part, deciding to go the most dangerous route Asia waited. Once Felix turned his head in the opposite direction of her Asia pulled out her sword and placed it next to his head. His eyes widened and he immediately pulled out a sword and moved to attack. Asia blocked and once he realized who just scared him Felix laughed and sheathed his sword. Both were laughing and wheezing on the floor,
"Getting old Felix?" Felix smiled and pouted.
"I'm not that old." The door opened to a maid who looked very confused.
"Is that you Princess?" Asked the maid. It was very weird, the second princess and the blood-red knight laughing on the floor while the emperor and first princess ate on the other side of the door.
"Asia?" Asked Jennette from inside the room. Asia sobered up and stood up, she coughed a little.
"Blessings and Glory to the Sun and first Star of the Obelian Empire," Asia said while curtsying.
"Raise your head." Replied Claude, obviously annoyed at her presence. Jennette was wondering what Felix and her were laughing about.
"Hey, Asia! I haven't seen you in so long. We must get together and have tea." Asia smiled at Jennette.
"Of course, Jettie." Jennette smiled brightly at the nickname.
"What do you want?"Guess who said that
"Well I'm doing great thanks for asking, I was wondering once you were finished eating if we could discuss the terms of our bet." Claude raised an eyebrow and nodded.
"Alright, then I'll..."
"Why don't you eat with us, Asia? I'm sure Father wouldn't mind" Jennette asked.
"Well, I'm not really dressed..."
"Nonsense, come sit if that's alright Father?" Claude looked still annoyed and just grunted. Asia slowly nodded her head and sat down. Jettie and Asia were talking animatedly when a maid came in and served some tea. Asia pulled out a silver spoon from somewhere. Claude had a look of recognition on his face while Jettie looked confused. Asia put some sugar in her tea and mixed it, the spoon turned black. Jettie still confused hadn't sipped her tea yet, Claude looked murderous.
"Oh, isn't that interesting." Asia looked at the maid who was already trying to escape. Asia quickly stood up and trapped the maid in ice. Claude and Jettie were surprised by Asia's magical power. Felix had opened the door when he heard the ice hit the wall.
"Think you are getting away?" Asia looked over at Felix and glanced at Jettie, a look on her face meaning, 'this isn't going to be pretty.' Felix got the message and took Jettie out of the room. Asia glanced at Claude,
"Permission to interrogate?" Claude was caught off guard and just nodded his head. Asia unfroze the girl and put ice cuffs around her hands out and put an ice dagger to her throat.
"Don't move." The girl wasn't really smart so she started squirming. Asia knocked her out.
"Should I move this somewhere else?" Claude shook his head,
"No need." A man of few words. Asia used water as some of the knights had seen her before using it. Claude sat there as Asia readied to get some information out of this girl. Asia summoned some black gloves and splashed the girl with some water. The girl woke up slightly dazed and then very mad.
"You!"
"Me..." Asia drawled. God, she needed to go see Favian by lunch, better make this quick.
"So it is only polite to tell me who you are, seeing as you tried to kill me earlier." Mind you Claude is just sitting there watching this whole thing happen.
"Like hel- AHHH!" Asia grabbed a fork off the table and stabbed her hand.
"Now we could do this the easy way or the hard way." She left the fork in the girl's hand and grabbed another fork.
"Alright, I'll tell you! My name is Layla." Asia smirked,
"And who sent you Layla?"
" I can't..."
"Why?"
"She had my kids and husband!" Asia raised an eyebrow.
"I will personally save your kids and husband, but I need to know who sent you." Layla looked into my eye and said,
"Rosalia, Countess Rosalia, Princess Jennette's aunt. She told me not to do anything, it's just, you looked so strong so if you were able to figure it out you could have... I'm sorry, so so sorry." Asia honestly didn't know what to do, this woman would have spied for the countess if she hadn't caught her. What should she do, this woman may be lying.
"Look me in the eye." Layla had fear in her eyes, but not fear for her family, fear for herself. This woman was trying to manipulate her. Asia smiled and transformed her ring into a sword and drove it through the woman's heart. Flicking the blood off her sword she looked at Claude, who was shocked. This girl just interrogated and killed a person. And looked completely fine with it.
"Well Countess Rosalia, I heard she was ambitious. This is a whole new level of ambition... or stupid. Well, I am going to be late for my sparring session, I'll come to talk to you about the bet tomorrow?" Claude looked up and contemplated something. Just as he was about to say something Jennette knocked on the door.
"Can I come in?" Asia quickly froze the body and transformed her sword into the ring. Then looked at Claude, he nodded.
"Sure come on in Jettie." Jennette walked in and looked at the block of ice for a brief moment.
"I couldn't help but hear you talking about a spare, I was wondering if I could go. Oh, Father, you should come too!" Asia did not care.
"Whatever you would like, it might take a while, I think Favian wants me to fight everyone." Jennette looked surprised,
"Everyone?"
"Not all at once but who knows." Jennette looked at Claude,
"Can you come with us?" Asked Jennette. Claude hesitated and then nodded, probably wanting to see her skills or something. Asia nodded,
"Alright, let's head out." As they walked Jennette made conversation with Claude, and Asia was daydreaming. Suddenly a snowball came flying over at her, it was April. Asia dodged.
"Lucas!" Lucas popped out of seemingly nowhere.
"Yes, ever forgiving princess?" Asia huffed and smacked him upside the head. Claude and Jennette were probably confused.
"You are lucky, I'm heading over to the training area and spare. Wanna come with?" Lucas nodded and they started walking. Ignoring the two behind them, they started conversing and having fun. Jennette seemed to recognize Lucas and smiled knowingly. Claude was annoyed, he didn't greet them. Once they arrived they were flagged down by Favian, who immediately greeted the other two, and spoke familiarly with Lucas and Asia.
"Glad you could make it Asia, we are about to start. Hey, Lucas want to join in on the spare." Favian whispered something in Lucas' ear. After hearing it he chuckled,
"Nah, I'll let her show off." Asia looked like she was going to hit him again when Favian called everyone to the ring. Jennette and Claude sat above them and Lucas sat on the sidelines. They were in an auditorium that Asia built during one of her visits home, as a sorry gift for disappearing.
"Alright, party people, everyone who hasn't met Princess Athan- "Asia!" well just call her Asia if you don't want to get smacked. Anyways, this is Asia, she is the one we told y'all about." The newbies all nodded and looked like they met a legend.
"Is it true she can do the petal sword dance thingy?" Asia chuckled,
"Yes I can, actually I was doing it when I first met Faivan."
"Anyways, we were thinking everyone versus you today Asia," Asia smirked,
"Bring it on!" Asia decided on a long-range attack, sticking about a quarter of them to the ground with ice. After that, she started knocking them out, without her sword. Moving through the ranks she gracefully avoided all the knights' attacks.
"Just try and land a blow on her!" Cried Favian.
Asia chuckled and decimated their forces, completely untouched. Leaving only five left, five she helped try. Favian was off to the side watching his squad get defeated. The five circled her, she took out her sword. The magical sword glimmered in the sunlight. The knights were surprised,
"You got a new sword?" Said Favian.
"Yep, I'll tell you about it over lunch." The six conscious people nodded. The five went in to attack all at the same time. Asia jumped high and out of the circle. She used a little wind magic, they didn't need to know that. Two of the knights ran into each other and were sitting on the ground. Asia knocked them both out while they were on the ground, Jack and Sam were their names. Asia turned to the remaining three, they decided one on one instead of a frontal assault. Favian was shaking his head at their stupidity. First, John was knocked out after they exchanged blows. Second, Derrick was knocked out immediately trying to sneak up on her while she knocked out John. Last, Henry, he smiled,

"I'm getting Deja Vu." Asia smiled and attacked. Sending assault after assault she eventually found an opening, kicking him and sending him flying to the ground. He was knocked out. Asia raised her sword,
"Come on Faivan, let's dance." (Don't mind the naruto reference)
That is exactly what they did, it was magical. The two used their magic, Faivan used fire, Asia stuck with ice and water. They traded blows, one after the other it seemed like neither was going to breakthrough. But Lucas watched Asia, she was taunting him.
"Hey, actually try Asia," Lucas called out. Favian immediately went on the defensive. Asia started to move like she was the water itself. With each step, Favian kept backing up, eventually falling onto the ground, sword at his throat. Asia barely broke a sweat. Asia extended a hand,
"Well let's wake them up." Asia broke the ice that captured some of them, then proceeded to drop water on the rests' faces. Jennette was clapping Claude, was well Claude. Asia just waved at Jettie. Lucas walked over to her and was smiling, she smiled too. Jettie came down the stairs with Claude, Jettie went over and hugged her. Asia laughed at Lucas' scowl. They looked like a family.
"Why don't you have tea with us, Asia?" Asia looked over at Claude who still looked indifferent.
"Well if that's ok with His Majesty, then I have so much to tell you about where I have been!" Claude just started to walk away, Jettie following. Asia went and kissed Lucas on the cheek,
"I'll see you guys later! How about lunch tomorrow?" Favian nodded and waved. Asia went and followed after the other two.

To be continued...