Indispensable

I do not own WMMAP, all rights to the owner.

Previously on Hiraeth:

"But it will be different this time, I have so much knowledge of the future I should be able to prevent being accused of poisoning."

"And how will you do that?"

"Well..."

" Make me indispensable or be out of the picture until after I am 18."

"And how will you do that?" Asked Lucas.

"Well at the back of the book there was a small extra, called the warring states, a reference to a time in my old world's history. It showed that Claude was a capable military and diplomatic leader. The war was when the princesses were 15 and a half, the main point though was to show that Jennette was there to greet him when he got home. Really boring honestly but, if I prolong the war and instead of sparing the country but overtaking it, I will become indispensable and probably gain allies. I think it also mentioned that many nobles partook in the war. So if I can lead it..."

"You thought this through didn't you?" Lucas said.

"Well, I didn't make general out of sheer physical power."

"But war isn't that dangerous." Lily was wary, although isn't the Athy she was still the girl she will always take care of.

"I have seen war before, and I came out on top. I think I can do that again. I just need to lead the war somehow, no doubt the older generation will want to, but if I convince Claude to stay with his precious Jennette and let me lead... I could get the rank I need." Asia was smirking and it sent chills down the two spines.

"Well, how do you make more connections?" Asked Lily trying to lighten the mood.

"Well, there is someone who can help."

"Who?" Both asked

"Felix Robane."

"The blood-red knight!" Lily said, probably shouldn't mention the two were shipped together.

"He was very fond of Athy in the manhwa, he was like a little puppy. I think he is going to supervise next week's workout with the palace's knights. I have been going for a month so I think an 'accidental meeting' should work."

The next week right at sunrise Asia was dressed in her standard workout outfit, a loose white blouse and a pair of brown pants, on her hip her magic sword. Felix wouldn't be there until after they warmed up. As Asia warmed up on the dummies she was so excited, Felix was the cutest light puppy, although scary when provoked. Hopefully, he won't make us fall in. I'm short still, four foot five. Although the average for my age, surrounded by a bunch of grown male knights, not so much.

After Favian the head knight called for spares we lined up around the ring. At first, the other knights were wary of me, some were downright annoyed after they whopped a couple of people into a place that changed. Favian called two people into the ring, just as he called out Henry's and my name Felix walked in. I pretended not to notice the look of surprise on his face or him at all. After I walked into the circle and faced my opponent, we bowed.

Unsheathing my magic sword I heard the knights starting to place bets. I hadn't fought Henry yet and the man was tall and lean, perfect for a knight. I waited for him to attack, each circling the other. I had grown stronger and I was pretty certain he didn't have magic. I was still cautious. Studying his movements and the way he moves I prepared for him to attack. The second he moved to attack Asia, she dashed forward and attacked. Going at about three-fourths of her power not wanting to show her whole hand, she caused him to go off-balance due to her timing. Finishing him off as quickly as possible, disarming him, and putting her sword to his throat.

"Do you yield?"

"Yes, your highness."

"I told you all to call me Asia."

She heard chuckles from behind her as well as the exchanging of money.

"Also what did I tell you about your gambling habits." Asia was walking out of the ring and was joking around the knights. That was when Felix walked up to them, in full uniform, Asia sucked in a breath.

"Hello seventh squadron, your highness."

"Hello, Sir Robane." Responded everyone.

"Could I talk to the princess for a minute?"

"Sure Sir, princess!" Favian shouted.

"I told you to call me Asia, Favi." Responded Asia as she jogged over.

"Oh hello Sir Robane, how are you doing?"

"Hello your highness, I am well. May I speak with you for a minute?"

"Of course! Hey, Favi, I'll be back in a minute!"

As Asia and Felix walked away from the grounds to walk, she looked at him and smiled,

"What did you need to talk about Sir?"

Felix turned and hugged Asia. Asia was surprised but hugged him back.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," muttered Felix into Asia's ear. Asia shushed him and pulled him in front of her.

"Hey, hey, it's ok. I'm ok. Don't cry." Asia said as she whipped his tears and smiled at him, and that smile was worth a thousand suns. He could have sworn a halo was floating above her head.

" I'm sorry princess, I didn't mean to break down like that. I am Felix Robane, I am the Emperor's guard. I was friends with your mother."

" No need to call me princess, everyone calls me Asia. It is a pleasure to meet you, now would you like to tell me why you were crying?"

"Oh, I just wished the emperor could have seen you! You were amazing in the ring!"

"Oh, you're making me blush. I'm not that good, I only started training with the knights a month ago."

Felix's eyes widened in shock, Asia moved like an experienced fighter. She had only started with the knights a month ago!

"It is almost time for lunch, how about you come to eat with me, I always enjoy the company."

"Of course! Let me go ask the Emperor if I can go eat!"

"Alright, I'll wait for you at the Ruby Palace."

As Felix rushed away to talk to the emperor, Asia walked back to the palace and washed off. Since she had a magic lesson after lunch she decided to stay in her workout clothes. Once Felix came back they met with Lucas and had lunch, it was a quiet affair.

"We really must do this again Felix."

"I would love that!"

"Great just pop in whenever you're free, if I'm not here I am sure Lily will be able to show you where I am at." Also Asia ships Felix and Lily, so more time together, please!

"Alright, I will be off princess!"

After Felix left Asia turned to Lucas,

"Hook, Line, and sinker."

"Don't look too smug Asia, some people will get the wrong impression."

"I'm celebrating a plan going right to leave me be."

And everything was going to plan, and Asia had finally figured out how she was going to make her money, by becoming an adventurer!

To be continued...