----- Chapter 3: Catching up with an old friend -----

Red velvet cookie hadn't noticed a car driving behind him as he was focusing on his phone. However, Chiffon, his loyal and most cherished baked companion Had noticed. Being a dog, Chiffon thought it was a little sus for a car to be following them, especially when it was getting dark. The incentive he started to bark loudly at the car trying to assert his dominance like a teenager T-posing a vulnerable bypasser into a corner. Red looked up from his phone to see what was riling Chiffon up so badly when he too noticed the old car driving towards him. At first, he was about to nope the fuck out with chiffon, but something caught his attention... the license plate on the front: Ow_The_Edge. He recognized it! It was his old friends' car! He couldn't help but stand still in bewilderment as the car pulled up towards him. Was this really happening? Was he really going to see his friends in that car? While his thoughts raced in his head, Chiffon still seemed on edge as he was growling and in his defensive stance. After Red snapped out of his shock he picked Chiffon up and patted him on his head, trying to calm him down. Red watched as the car's window pulled down. And sure enough, There was Licorice cookie.

"WASSUP! Red!!". greeted licorice happily. "AAAAY WASSUP LICORICE!" . Red shouted back with as much enthusiasm as Licorice cookie. As the two old friends greeted each other, the other two: Poison mushroom and Dark Choco cookie greeted him as well. Red was once a member of the Cookies of darkness, and soon he became acquainted with the other cookies. Soon they became close friends with red velvet. Sadly it didn't seem to last. For you see although red velvet enjoyed doing evil alongside his fellow cookies, he slowly seemed to lose his vigor. So the cookie decided to have an intervention with him. In the end, Red ultimately decided to leave to look for a job he would truly love. It was hard for them to say goodbye.

"So...uhh... how's the job search been?". Asked Dark choco. "Oh it's been really great, I finally managed to get a job at Petco!". Red said as he patted Chiffon's head. "Say what about you guys? How have you been?". Red velvet asked. The others' smiles faulted into somber expressions as they looked at each other nervously. "Guys...What's wrong?". Asked red in a concerned tone. And it was at that moment Red velvet noticed something was off. "Wait... where's Pomegranate cookie?". Licorice looked at red velvet, a serious look printed on his face. "Get in the car, we'll tell you all you need to know.". Red was going to ask why, but he thought against it. He opened the car's right back door and took a seat next to poison mushroom. Chiffon then jumped out of red's hand and proceeded to lick Mushroom's face silly till it was wetter than a piece soggy of toast. "Down boy down.". Red said to Chiffon firmly. Chiffon did as he was told and retreated back to red's lap.

As soon as he did, Licorice cookie turned the keys in the ignition and continued to drive. As they drove, the gang explained to red velvet about the events that had transpired. From Pomegranate cookie trying to kill them, to them barely escaping her crazy ass. Red couldn't believe what he was hearing. Sure, he didn't really like pomegranate as much as the others, but he didn't expect her to go off on them like that. But then again, it was Pomegranate cookie for god sake, she was probably bound to do it someday. "So.. what are you guys going to do?". Asked red velvet. "Well one things for certain, we sure as hell ain't going back.". Dark Choco said as he held onto his father's urn. "All we know is... we have to find someplace to lay low and it certainly can't be here.". Joined in Licorice. "I can see that... but... do you know... where?". 

Red nervously asked. The gang went quiet, they hadn't really thought of that. they needed to leave the state for sure, but where would they go after that? For a long while, they were silent. Then out of the blue mushroom spoke up. "I-I think I know a place we can go...". He stuttered nervously. Everyone stared at the small cookie. Mushroom cookie looked around nervously, everyone was looking right at him. His head, which was usually emptier than a bottomless pit, was now filled with thoughts screaming at him to say something..ANYTHING to make them stop staring. Finally, he spoke. "H-how about...Russia?". Everyone continued to stare at him. Mushroom at that moment wished the whole world would go black and swallow him whole.

"That...that might work...". Licorice slowly said as he looked at Dark Choco as if waiting for his approval. Dark choco in response looked at him puzzled. "What are you talking about?". Dark choco asked. "I mean... think about it, Pomegranate cookie will do anything to get her hands on us, and we can't just sit around and wait for her to kill us.". argued Licorice. "And if I'm being honest, moving to another state sounds like our only option.". Dark choco stared at Licorice for a moment, then let out a sigh. " you... may be right about that...". Dark choco admitted. "I-I'm coming with you guys.". Red spoke up. Poison Mushroom looked at red velvet cookie with a surprised Pikachu face. "But Red velvet cookie what about your job??". Cried mushroom. "I-I'll try to think of something... but for now it's nothing to worry about.". Red velvet said, trying to reassure mushroom. "Well then it's settled," Stated Licorice cookie as he pulled a bottle of vodka seemingly out of nowhere. "First thing in the morning.... WE HEAD FOR RUSSIA!". Licorice exclaimed victoriously as he took a chug from the bottle of vodka. Dark choco joined in." TO THE MOTHERLAND!". He screamed as he leaned outside of the broken window. Soon everyone began to scream "TO THE MOTHERLAND!" . their voices filled the night sky as they drove off.

Unbeknownst to them... somebody was spying on them from the distance. "So... that's where they're heading huh?" said Pomegranate cookie as she removed her MCR-themed binoculars from her eyes. "Well, they're in for quite a surprise.". Pomegranate cookie looked at her wand, memories of her teachings from Voldemort flooded her head. "Remember my pupil, you must strike when your target least expects it. Good things can come to those who wait". He told her in his croaky voice. "Don't worry master..." Pomegranate said to herself.

"I will not disappoint you... I promise...".