7

Marinette's pov
————————

I curl into a ball, not wanting to be in this nightmare of a world, I place my hands on either side of my head, and look around me. The fear trickles through me, and I don't know what to do, so I scream.

It is pure, raw, and holds all of the fear and emotions I've held in for such a long time. I put my head down in between my knees, and wrap my arms around me. I begin to hum the song that I find comfort in, even though it spreads the monster called fear through me, finding itself a deep place in my heart to settle in, and rest.

I slightly rock, and quicken the pace of the song. I hear a questioning, "M'lady?" And I snap my head up as fast as I can. I see the cold, harsh eyes and the white suit, and I back away as fast as I possibly can.

"G-go away." I am mad at myself for stuttering, but the amount of fear is obvious in my voice. How can I not be scared? My worst night mare happened. Again.

"Mari-" he begins to say, but I cut him off immediately. "Don't call me that! You aren't you! Can't you see that Chat Noir, or should I call you ChatBlanc. Last time I called you Noir you almost killed me. I'm sorry I failed kitty, but please, just don't hurt me."

Guilt fills inside of me, knowing that I couldn't protect him. He should hurt me, I deserve it.

He takes a step towards me, and then another, then another, and he is standing right in-front of me. I am shaking uncontrollably, but I know that I can't and won't hurt him.

I wouldn't be able to.

He goes down on one knee, and places either hand on each of my arms. I am shaking, and the fear is so heavy that it feels like I have a weighted blanket on top of me.

"You didn't fail me. I promise you. But now you need to save me. Use your lucky charm, and make your nightmare go away."

I feel tears fill my eyes, and it takes absolutely everything I have to push him and his cold hands away. "Where is your akuma?" "Fix the world first then you can find it."

I can't decide weather or not I can trust him. He isn't himself. He could just destroy it again. But at the same time, HawkMoth is also dead. It's still my kitty, just with an evil influence inside of him. I have to believe that there is still that good in him. That little amount of him has to be in there.

He's too good to be bad.

I go to say something, but I don't know what. I have made my decision, but for some reason I hesitate. "How do I know you aren't lying? What if you just want me to use my power so then I detransform, and then you will take my miraculous for yourself? What then? And when I return the world to its former glory, you will be able to rule over everyone. Or you will give the miraculous to HawkMoth and he will win. He can't win."

I gently place my hands on her cheeks, and she places hers over mine. "Please, just trust me, M'lady?" He asks, and I nod, going with my first decision.

"Lucky Charm." I whisper, and a charm bracelet comes down from the sky. I catch it, then throw it up in the air. "Miraculous Ladybug."

The eerie world goes back into a Paris that I know, and brings me back to reality. I look into the electric green, and that's the only color I can see.

I hug the boy in front of me, and break down crying. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." I keep on apologizing, sobbing into his shoulder. "It's okay. You're alright. You'll be okay. It isn't your fault. Let's get you somewhere else before the press can interrogate you."

The sound of helicopter blades hit my ears the exact moment he says that, but I don't want to be alone with him. Not right now.

I force myself to stop crying, and wipe off my face.

Suddenly I feel embarrassed, and push myself away from him. I stand up and look down at my feet, holding my hands in front of me.

"Um, no it's alright. I should go home now. I'll come visit soon. I promise." My voice is heavy with emotion, but my cheeks feel hot from the embarrassment.

Before he can say anything else, I jump away, holding the sob in my throat.

I go through my trap door and lock it, not wanting him to visit tonight. I know I won't be able to sleep. The fear is still there and I know it won't go away.

I decide to distract myself with videos/shows/movies on my computer, so I flick through random channels and somehow the news already has the footage of me on top of the tower.

I rewatch the footage of the events that just occurred to me, and I find myself sobbing as the news reporter calls me, "weak," and "broken." Saying, "Has Ladybug finally reached her breaking point? Her limit? From tonight's events, it shows us that she also has fear, that she is human just like the rest of us. But tonight, I think that HawkMoth got his first win."

I decide right then that I'm not going to go to school, even though tomorrow is Friday.

I'm "sick."

.