28

It was a Saturday morning. I was in my room studying, killing time. 2 knocks on my door snapped me out of it.

"Shoto what are you doing here?", I asked him, "I just need to tell you something", he started, "I'm an asshole and I shouldn't have done what I did- I didn't know how to deal with...his death", he looked to the side.

I exhaled deeply. "I know it must've been hard on you- you were upset-sad...scared", I paused, "So I may not have handled the situation the way I should've- I was worried about you that's all", my eyes met his. "Friends?", he extended a hand out. I smiled softly, "Friends".

He walked past me into my apartment, I had confusion all over my face. "What are you", I walked to him, he was sat on my sofa. "So you obviously love him", Shoto sighed.

I slowly sat beside him, "Yeah", my eyes stayed on the floor.

"Then why aren't you with him?", I felt his eyes on me, "It's not that simple".

I looked to him, "He loves you, you love him, how hard can it be?", I exhaled deeply, "Very hard". "That's what she said", he said quietly.

I let out a chuckle from his words. "Not bad", I side eyed him. "So why are you here on a Saturday and not going to find him to tell him?", Shoto said, "I haven't figured out what I want to say yet".

Shoto sighed, "Sage, you don't need a plan for everything- there's no step by step tutorial to tell someone you love them- you just...say it", "It's easier said than done!", I snapped.

"No its simple- you're overthinking it", he leaned back on the sofa. "I am not!", I said in defense.

"Yes you are, and you know it", I sighed in frustration. "Just think about the things you don't like about him", I furrowed my eyebrows at his statement.

"What?", "When you love someone you love them for their flaws, you accept them- all the good stuff is nice- yes but", he paused, "His flaws are what makes him who he is- and those are also the parts you love the most- tell him that".

I thought about his words. "That was actually pretty deep, I didn't think you had it in you", he laughed and so did I.

"You ever been in love?", I asked, "Yes", I felt his eyes on me. I looked down, "Drives you pretty crazy, doesn't it?", I said with an airy laugh.

"Absolutely mad", he added.

"Well I cant chat all day I have to finish up this assignment for literature", I stood up and stretched. "I have to go to the library- I lost my copy of my book", I let out a deep sigh. "You need a ride?", he asked, "Yeah, thanks", I smiled at him.

He parked in front of the campus, "Flaws, remember the flaws", he pointed his finger at me, I laughed, "Yeah, yeah", and with those words I left his car.

"Sage!", he yelled through the window, "Thank you for- forgiving me", he said with a soft smile.

I roamed the aisles looking for my desired book. My hand grazing the end of the different books.

"There we are", I said as I snatched a copy of, Tender Is The Night, I dropped my things at a table and decided to do some last touches to my paper. I opened my laptop and started going through my work, making sure it was perfect.

I rubbed my eyes and noticed it was already dark outside, "Damn", I muttered under my breath. I yawned then went back to my task at hand. Hoping to grind it out, and finish it within the hour.

"Sage! We found you!", I heard Kiri's voice say. I lifted my gaze from my laptop screen, "Oh Kiri, what's up", I saved the file and shut my laptop.