XIV - heartbeat

Saturday, 13th November

Today was, again, very different. Firstly no one was there. Really no one. It was boring and Hongjoong send the others home. It was better than standing around doing nothing.

So they could at least enjoy their free time. Hongjoong sighed.

His eyes wandered around the aisles. He decided that he will rearrange the shelves. He didn't had anything better to do. He left the cash register and walked over to the fantasy aisle. Taking out books and sorting them in the shelve. Every now and then their were elderly couples talking with him, making him laugh.

This is what he needed, a good laugh. And when those couples came in and tell him about their lives, which was very sweet to hear.

He was a good listener, he never really talked much. Because the young man didn't knew about what he could talk with others. Also he just wasn't like Wooyoung. He was more like San, introverted.

"That's not true, young man. You'll find your other half one day. I am very sure of it." The middle aged woman told as Hongjoong said he had doubt to ever meet his soulmate or love.

"I don't think so. But it's sweet of you to give me at least a bit of hope." He smiled at the elder woman. She smiled back and opened her mouth. She said something but Hongjoong felt dizzy suddenly.

Hongjoong couldn't understand the woman nor could he stand straight. He was rocking back an forth as if he was drunk, knowing that he wasn't. "Young man, are you alright?" The woman laid her hand on Hongjoongs shoulder.

His vision would go blank for seconds and in his his ears he would hear an Unbearable beep. He felt like throwing up. Right here, Right there.

He shook his head. What was wrong with him? "I feel dizzy." He mumbled and leaned against the nearest shelve. His arms clutched around his stomach tightly. The elderly woman was worried for him. Maybe he catched a virus again? Or his previous cold hasn't gone away fully.

"Should I call an ambulance?" Hongjoong shook his head no. He would survive this without an ambulance, he thought at least. "It's okay." He looked up from the floor. Wanting to look at her but his gaze was caught by a certain young man.

His lips formed a slight smile. Even though he looked very sickly while doing that. He spotted Mingi a bit further away and it was like the younger got more beautiful with every day that passed. The woman peeked in the direction Hongjoong was starring.

"Oh, I see your soulmate just walked in. It seems like you already met him. That's why your body reacted that way." Hongjoong listened with only half an ear. But the last sentence caught his attention.

"What do you mean?" He asked the woman but she wasn't their anymore. "Huh? Miss Young?" He called her, without an answer. It's like she vanished into nothingness.

Hongjoong shook his head and picked up the books. His arms were shaking under pressure from the books. Again he felt like puking. But he can't close up the shop early or call one of his colleagues. They all have better things to do than come over and help him out. He would feel so fucking  ungrateful towards them.

He walked towards the new home of the books. He thought about these words way to much so he nearly ran into a customer.

He looked up and wanted to apologize but his words were stuck in his throat, his breathing hitched. Hongjoong was amazed because the orange haird man was standing a few inches away from him.

Looking for books sounded interesting enough for him to read. Hongjoong stood beside him with books in his arms to put them back.

But Hongjoong stood there and just admired the youngers sharp, but at the same time, soft features. White-ish skin, just like porcelain. Full, pink lips, long lashes and a defined jawline. The other was so much taller than himself,  had broad shoulders and strong arms. Hongjoong never saw so much perfection in one person. The orange hair colour suited him so much.

Then Mingi turned around looking directly into his eyes. Could hear the air around them creaking with electricity. They were so close and yet so far away from each other, feeling the warm breath of the other on their skin. It was like the time slowed down.

"Hey, Hongjoong are you okay? You look so pale." The younger sounds concerned. Then their hands slightly brushed against each other.

The books in Hongjoongs arm fell on the floor. Nothing could snap them out of their trance. For them it was like only they were the only ones left on Earth, admiring the beauty of this thought.

They liked each other, still being unsure about the soulmate thing. It more felt like the destiny forced them together. Even though they both had friends that were happily in a relationship with their soulmates.

It still bothered them. They were alone all their life. Would that be possible? Can two broken make one whole? Only the future knew.