VIII - 내 목소리 들리니

Tuesday, 9th November 2021

Today was different. Everyone was silent and smiling happily. But Hongjoong somehow felt empty. He was the only one without a partner. The only one who didn't find their soulmate already. He had his friends, coworkers would also do the draw, but that's not the same.

He somehow became unhappy. Even with all his sources for his happiness around him. He sighed, thinking about how he may never find his soulmate. He quickly shook his head to stay away from those thoughts.

He felt difficult and as if no one could understand him. And then finally the others approach him at their midday break. They closed up the store for one and an half hour to grab something to eat at a fast food restaurant.

Silently they walked down the road together. Hongjoong lead them. After him the couples, revolving around Seonghwa and Jongho, Yeosang and Yunho and the newest couple was the bottom light, followed him.

"Are you running away from us, Hyung?" Yeosang suddenly asked as they arrived at their usual place. "Hm? What, no." He he hesitantly answered and turned away from them. "Something is off." Seonghwa whispered to his boyfriend. Just to receive an shrug from the other. He made up his mind to talk to the younger, white haired male later, when they're were alone.

"But you always looking away from us. It's like you're ignoring us." San chimed in and made the white haird male uncomfortable. "We-" "Listen, I feel left out, okay? Could we not talk about that right now, please?"

The others looked at him with suprise. Yesterday he seemed fine with it. What made him change his mind? Not even Hongjoong knew. "Hello and welcome to "Fireworks". What can I get ready forqql you?" A deep voice was heard. Hongjoong turned around and saw that one customer that he couldn't stop thinking and worrying about.

His heart accelerated. His palms were suddenly all sweaty. His mouth was dry and his throat felt like sandpaper. He just stuttered out word like sounds. The guy on the other side of the counter just smiled at him.

"Take your time. You're the only costumers right now. Oh, aren't you two these guys from this bookstore. Ah, what was its name again?" the stranger asked Hongjoong. The white haird only blushed and nodded. Already closing his mouth so he couldn't embarrass himself further, while Seonghwa answered for him. "Yes, I'm Seonghwa and that is Hongjoong. He's the owner of the "Illusion Bookstore"." he introduced himself and the others. Hongjoongs blush got darker as he put up his hand to wave at the orange haired male.

"It's a very cute store, not gonna lie. It's quite a unique for sure." He compliments Hongjoong. "T-thanks." Hongjoong giggled nervously. Seonghwa and the others just ordered their meals. Meanwhile Hongjoong had to prepare himself to speak again, which wasn't exactly something he normally had to do.

The thought about it and got lost in his wide ranged mind. Making up fake scenarios and just keep getting nervous. He really hated his anxiety.

"Joongie? Hongjoong!" Seonghwa called him and waved his hand in front of his face. "Huh? Yes?" He looked up. "What do you want to eat?" He looked right into the strangers eyes. With red cheeks he mumbled; "A chocolate milkshake." Yunho giggled and the others looked at him like he'd gone insane.

"Chocolate milkshake is it then." The stranger still had his hair in curls. Was it naturally like that or did he style it every fucking morning? And since fucking when does that concern him? But still he liked the way he could pull it off. It seems so fluffy.

"You can't go anywhere with him." Yeosang scoffed with a smirk on his face. Hongjoong wasn't aware of what he was doing. He stared at the other almost drooling. Seonghwa paid everything and they got their food and drinks. But the orange haired took his time for the chocolate milkshake. The others were already leaving. Hongjoong didn't even notice.

"So, here's your milkshake, cutie." "Thank you,..." "My name's Mingi." "Thank you, Mingi." Hongjoong giggled and took a sip of his drink. He wanted to thank his Seonghwa Hyung for paying and saving his poor wallet but as he turned around the last one of them left the café already. "This little bastard." Hongjoong cursed mildly.

"Didn't thought that you know such words nor would use it." Mingi said, smiling widely at him. He had his head rested on his hand and his elbow was pressed against the counter. His torso was lying on the wooden counter. It didn't seem to be comfortable. "Well, as you see I can do it." Hongjoong laughed because of how the other tried to mimic a shocked face. They talked for thirty minutes. Got to know each other. Until Mingi had to work again. Their breaks were over. But one thing made Hongjoongs heart flutter and the butterflies in his stomach rise again. Mingi made him another chocolate milkshake, for free. And wrote his number on it.