One | Misery

"We accept the love we think we deserve."
- Stephen Chbosky

Misery
***

Juliette Grey

It's hard to breathe when there's a room full of strangers.

All in there own world of euphoria, either trying to escape a hell in reality or looking for some fun. Bodies of sweaty, far gone beings rubbing against each other with lopsided grins.

I bring up my red solo cup to my lips, already feeling the spike of thorns that slide along my throat as I swallow the rest of my drink. The taste is tangy and strong, yet not strong enough. My shoulders slump.

I need more.

I avert my direction toward the kitchen where there's what looks to be a happy couple, but immediately take that back once their tongues are in each other's throats. How sweet.

Moving through the crowded kitchen, I gradually open the fridge door and grab myself a cold beer. I open the bottle with the edge of the countertop, before taking a sip. My nose scrunches up as the alcohol starts to kick into my system.

As I weave my way through the small open doorway that leads to the living, now used as a dance floor for the drunk bodies all in clusters. I sway a bit as I hear a grunt beside my right shoulder.

I turn finding a quite handsome figure turned opposite of me, only his face slightly turned toward me. A scowl set on his face, which doesn't look very friendly.

His chilling eyes take a quick glance at my appearance before he narrows his eyes pinning me in place.

"Watch where you're going, yeah?" He says coldly, clearly a threat to which I don't acknowledge. I opened my mouth to speak but he turns disappearing into the crowd.

A frown conveys upon my features but shrug nonetheless of the crude handsome dude. I continue to squeeze through bodies, sighing as the smell of sweaty teenagers fill my senses earning a scrunched up nose from me.

I don't even want to be in this stupid party. It's useless being here and socializing here is a waste as everyone here is full on wasted and cant even walk fucking straight. Drunk mindless bodies swaying to the blasting music that rotted my eardrums.

"So much for having fun." I mumbled to myself deciding to head outside, where the chilly air could fill my lungs with something. I made sure to text Nico about taking me back to my sweet bed.

There's a bench beside the tall building I was in, a sharp flame slithered up my spine as I sat on the cold bench. I tilt my head up to the sky trying to grasp onto a feeling but all I did was stare straight at the stars with no fraction of emotion.

As I'm about to get up and go back inside the horrid place, even though I'd much rather stay out here where it's more less, hectic. My phone vibrates inside of my coats pocket, signaling I've gotten a message.

I open it only to find a seeping dissatisfied groan release from me as I read what the message said.

Nico : Hey Julie, cant take you home right now since I've found this freaking hot dude that may or may not be into me! Think you can waiting for me?