Chapter 11

Shang sank further into the deep lake waters, breath escaping his lungs as water surrounded him. You looked out at the lake, eyes focused on the soft ripples as the ground shook from the doors in the mountain opening to release a soul eating monster. More creatures flew towards you through the cracks in the wall, all of you standing together to fight until the end.

"Aim at the sky, to win or die!" Guang Bo announced his orders. The archers took the front lines, pulling back their bows and preparing to shoot.

"Come on, Katy" you whispered to yourself, having faith that your friend could do this.

"Deep breath." Guang Bo tells her. Katy took in the fresh air of Ta Lo, focusing on her target.

"Shang-Chi, you have nothing to fear. You have the heart of our dragon. I will always be a part of you. And your dad will too. Take everything we've given you and make it your own." Shang had a memory of his mother, her last words to him before he watched her die from his fathers past mistakes. "I'm so proud of you. Our family needs you. Go." Her voice echoed through his head.

Shang's eyes shot wide open, looking down to see the dark cave under the lake that he was sinking towards. Bubbles surrounded him in a whirl, a dragon swimming up to meet him in the clear lakes.

You watched intensely as the water ahead started to shake more violently. You looked to Nan with worry that Wenwu was succeeding in breaking the wall when suddenly a large dragon burst through the surface of the water, eating the small creatures that were out for your souls. Everyone watched in awe at the sight before them, that's when you noticed who was with the dragon.

"Shang?" You whispered, heart full knowing he was still alive.

"Draw." Guang Bo ordered again loudly. The archers followed his orders, ready to fight as they pulled back their weapons. "Fire!"

The arrows shot at the creatures, killing them midair. Those with shields pushed to the front, guarding everyone behind them. You felt a presence behind you, turning to face a soul eater with wide eyes. A dagger shot through it, coming close to your face as the creature disappeared and gave you a view of Xialing, pulling her dagger back to herself with a nod to you. You nodded back before turning with your staff at the ready, fighting side by side with Katy and Xialing to stab and kill the soul eaters before they could do any harm to you or your friends.

"You have to stop your father!" Nan shouted to her nephew when the dragon he was on and gotten close enough to the land you had been battling on. He turned to the real fight where his father was still trying to open the gate.

Shang stood to his feet, running as the dragon got closer to the mountain ledge and jumping to slide down the wall. Landing to the ground between the wall and his father Shang kicked Wenwu back before he had the chance to deliver another punch to the wall.

"She's not back there, Dad." Shang walked forward, putting more space between his father and the wall as he tried to talk him down and reason with him.

"Get out of my way, boy." His father spoke sternly.

"No." Shang used his new training to stand against his father, moving to take a fighting stance. His father threw the rings at him, Shang dodging the first ring then taking a punch to the gut from his father right after. He ducked under Wenwu's arm and pulled his dads arms until he had turned the other way, punching his son with ease.

You watched in fear as a soul eater flew towards Katy. Rushing towards her, you tackled her to the ground harshly, hearing her groan from beneath you as she pushed you off of her.

"Ow!" Katy slapped your arm.

"You're welcome!" You snapped back. She gave you a grateful smile as you both stood to your feet, helping each other up and getting back to work.