Beautiful

When did Uzi become beautiful?

That question popped into N's head quite frequently lately. At first he found it quite embarrassing, wondering if there was something wrong with him to ever think such a thing about his friend.

But as the nights slowly passed, his embarrassment waned a little as his gaze settled on Uzi more frequently than normal.

Months ago, back when he was still loyal to the company, he would have just seen Uzi as another worker Drone to kill. And he had. At first. Their first meeting hadn't been... 'friendly' persay, but N was able to look past that after that night, finding an unlikely friendship with Uzi after their fateful encounter.

After that night, things got more interesting. Going from trying to fix the spaceship, to fighting other Disassembly Drones that the company sent to kill them, to getting a few new members to their team, N could honestly say his life wasn't so bad anymore.

And it was all thanks to Uzi.

N's eyes spied the lone female Worker Drone, seeing her speaking to two of their new members. The pair hung over her words as she pointed at something on the map she held, making gestures and looking between each Disassembly Drone, probably making sure they understood what she was telling them.

Months ago, N would have rushed to Uzi's side to protect her if he ever saw a Disassembly Drone near her. Nowadays he didn't have to worry as much as before. Uzi had proven more on one occasion that she was a capable fitter and could defend herself easily. The weapons she crafted and her agility skills had helped her out of sticky situations showed it.

It always amazed N how crafty Uzi was, building weapons out of scraps and pieces with no blueprints or any sort of guide to help her. It just showed how smart and capable Uzi was. N was only able to make a tower made of cards. He wasn't nearly as smart or crafty as Uzi.

It was one of the many things N noticed about her. Uzi was smart, crafty, strong, rebellious, bold, and a good leader. It was surprising to see Uzi taking charge over a group of Disassembly Drones, leading them on exploration for parts needed to build a new spaceship that would take them all back to Earth and fight against JCJenson, helping them be safe from the sun and from overheating, showing them how to build and what to do. It was almost starting to become a colony of their own.

Though, N still kept an eye out on their members. Some of them followed Uzi willingly, others questioned her leadership and motives. And a few were just a tad untrustworthy. V had played him like a fool. Pretending to can sides till she backstab him. Literally backstabbing him.

It was lucky that Uzi and one of their first new members were able to scare V away and save him in time, though it did nothing to ease the pain in his heart. V's betrayal hit hard, but her rejection of his feelings hit harder. He should have known his silly crush on her clouded his reasoning, but it was so hard to let go. To let her go.

Uzi berated him for trusting her so easily after he was fixed up, which he expected. What he didn't expect her to do was hug him. His shock was written all over his face, completely taken off guard by the sudden niceness Uzi rarely showed, wanting to keep her image as an edgy teen even if she was a softy under all that angst shell she liked to keep up around others.

The memory always made N blush a little. He rarely ever got a hug. No, wait, he never got hugged before. And maybe Uzi never had before either since she ended their hug quickly, coughing into her fist and saying something about tripping and leaving him there stunned.

It was sometime after that day that N started to notice a few things about Uzi. N-Not that he was watching her like a creep or anything! It was just a few things he noticed while they hung out!

Like how Uzi listened to a certain rock band when she needed to unwind or block out the craziness surrounding her. Or how she tapped two of her fingers in a rhythm while she was trying to figure out how to keep everyone from overheating. Or how she tried finding certain constellations in the night sky. Or how she tried looking out for everyone's best interests and care while pretending not to.

Or how when the setting sun's light hit just right against her, her whole body seemed to glow like a star... NO! No! Bad N! Don't think like that! Uzi was just a friend! A friend who... made him feel warm and special inside whenever she showed him care and concern for his well being.

It made N's chest feel warm every time she helped him patch up one of his scrapes after a scuffle. How she tended to spend more time with him and go over certain things. How she showed him a few of her secret anime collections. And how she sought out for him for comfort when she was really down, talking to him like an actual being instead of a screw up or a bad teammate.

The pair nodded, taking the map Uzi held out to one of them and took off to the night sky. Uzi watched them go before spying him, waving him over with a smile. Heat flushed to N's cheeks, hoping his screen didn't show his blushing as he went over to her.

There was no way he was getting a crush on Uzi. He was still trying to get over V! It would pass soon

... right?