The Gift

For most of her life, Uzi had never been outside the safety of the colony.

She didn't enjoy it much. You couldn't go outside with the threat of Murder Drones getting you, not that anyone really dared. There were no windows to the outside world, so often Uzi had to daydream what the outside world would look like or look at anime to get a decent picture of what it could be.

She knew it was cold and there was ice since it was, quite obviously, everywhere, and the few older Worker Drones who spoke to her would sometimes tell her bits and pieces of the world outside that they had for a while before the Murder Drones arrived. They always had different views and descriptions, but one thing they had in common was the desolation and broken buildings that towered over her.

Most of the buildings were looming, titled to one side so far they looked ready to fall over. Frames and walls were broken and bent in different ways. Windows shattered and metal beams poked out in various places. In some places, everything looked to be normal, while the rest was broken in and caved.

The bright white light of the planet above cast an ominous glow that reflected off the ice, giving the area a more haunted look as mist crawled along the ground with the wind kicking loose bits of snow into the air that whistled like a scream.

It was creepy.

She kind of liked it.

It was better than staring at a wall all day.

A new change of scenery did wonders sometimes.

Though, maybe she should have learned by now not to let her guard down out here.

She caught the sound of a soft jingle of a bell for only a split second before something slammed into her back, sending her sprawling to the ground. Instinctively she tried to reach for her gun, ready to shove off her attacker, and take fire, when she felt her head get tapped and two round yellow eyes with a rainbow sticker stuck onto the left corner of their visor looking down at her with beaming energy.

"Tag! You're it Uzi!"

"... E. Got off me."

The Disassembly Drone giggled like a schoolgirl, rolling off Uzi. Sitting up, Uzi dusted herself as she gave E a small glare.

E didn't notice. She was far too busy rocking on her back in the snow, playing with her tail like a cat, and somehow found it all amusing to her. E was one of the first new members to join Uzi's rebellion, having been kicked out of her team for being too energetic and left to fend for her own. Uzi had stumbled across her with N while out on a scavenging trip for parts for the ship, though admittedly E had been drawn to the music Uzi had been sharing with N and just followed the pair home like a stray.

N warmed up to her immediately while it took some time for Uzi to trust her, but in the end, E was part of their team. Which was... good? Great? Okay? Uzi wasn't really sure. Yeah, she could understand why her teammates kicked her out and how she got on everyone's nerves sometimes with her abundant of seemingly limitless energy, but she was still useful to have around and she didn't have a strong need to hunt or kill like N. Plus, she had good taste in music to rock out to and was open to doing things against her programming with vigor.

Which was why she was nearly covered in stickers on every part of her body. When she first laid eyes on them, E became completely obsessed with stickers. The female drone loved stickers enough to be obsessed with them and would do anything to get her claws on a new set.

E would even take stickers as a bribe from her other teammates, which Uzi found both annoying and useful at times. It was useful because it could be used to motivate the energetic Disassembly Drone to do her work, and annoying because some of their team members used it to distract her so they could slack off from their work. S particularly loved to use E's weakness just to go off somewhere and be lazy.