Chapter 35 - Growing

Louis slid his arms into the cardigan that Liam held out for him. He looked in the mirror, waving around the wide sleeves, "I love it." He smiled, cupping his growing round belly, "do you like it, baby?" The omega wiggled, turning around to look at the design on the back, "I love the leaves."

Liam blushed, bowing, "I am glad."

Louis turned back to the mirror, adjusting his necklace, "the gold clips you bought will go perfectly with this."

Liam preened, "I agree."

Louis shook his sleeves once more, "you are so talented, Liam."

"Thank you, Louis." Liam help him remove it, turning to hang it up. "Are you excited for gardening?"

"Oh yes." Louis rubbed his stomach, pulling down his shirt that started riding up, "so excited. I want Niall to run the class. I think he will love it."

"I think I will tag along." Liam came out of the closet, "I would love to see my omega teach a class."

Louis smiled at Liam in the mirror, noticing the small blush on his cheeks. "I am sure. I think Zayn should come as well." He went over to the door, "who is it?"

"It is I, Julie."

Louis smiled, opening the door, "hello Julie."

The alpha bowed, "my Queen." She cooed, looking at his stomach, "you are growing so beautifully."

Louis' cheeks pinked, twisting his feet, "thank you." He lifted his shirt swiftly, surprising Julie, "What is this?" He pointed at a very thin white line, "I have never had this?"

"Oh," Julie smiled, "a stretch mark?"

"Stretch mark?"

"Yes. It is when your skin stretches very quickly. Very common in pregnancies."

Louis looked down, "is it harmful?"

"No, but most do not like having them."

"Why?"

"They do not like how they look. I have cream if you wish?"

Louis frowned, "sure but, it is not hurting my baby, correct?"

"Not at all."

Louis smiled, "then it is fine. I will take them." He put his shirt down, "any signs of life from my baby are fine with me." He looked back at Liam, smile bright, "I have a stretch mark."

Julie giggled into her hand, "most are not as excited to have such things."

"I am not most." Louis purred, content with how his day was so far. He was still pregnant, their den was warm (as was Louis), and he was soon to see his alpha.

Things were off to a decent start since his truth was exposed. He was offered little gifts whenever he was brave enough to go walking around. Things like fruit or flowers. Louis had plenty of flowers in their den and he always accepted more. It made him feel useful when he watered them.

His morning sickness finally came to a halt. Louis was now three months- two days pregnant and he felt it. Whether it was his feet or his back, he felt it -and he loved every ache.

He had only four months left, and Julie told him to prepare for the fourth month because it brought most of the growth. Louis had been so excited he cried before peeing himself. Something he found himself doing more often than since he was a child. Julie said it was because of the baby, or babies, pressing against his bladder. Louis thought he'd never stop crying.

He wasn't sure if pregnancy made him emotional (it did). But, rather that he was just so shocked that there was something, or somethings, growing inside him. Something beautiful that his body was helping form. Louis had a lot more time to read and he read, and he wrote. His cursive wasn't the best, and he didn't care if people at Council hated it (Louis had a signature. That was enough). Louis read a lot about the pregnancy cycle of Wolves. He made sure he had a dictionary beside him when he couldn't figure out what a word meant or how to say it. He never wanted to remember a day where he couldn't read or write.