🌿 IV 🌿

"The breath of life was given a long time ago"

4|LIFE IS FRAGILE

Asherah sees as William is lifted up into the air by something, and she nearly lets out a scream of pure fright when she realizes that she is not afraid of what had taken him up into the air. She was afraid of the man that she thought that she3 knew. He did something terrible. The blood that he has on his clothes and on his hands does frighten her. William was about to scream himself when another vine appears and wraps itself around his mouth. His hands and legs are pinned but he is able to breathe, he does struggle with the vine which is strong enough to hold him in place.

Then she sees someone walk towards her. In the darkness she can see it is a man. "Please, I do not know what is happening to him. I cannot understand yet I must believe this is the work of the Devil" She speaks to the man that walks towards her. Asherah has never believed in the evil of the world such as the Devil nor Demons. However, it is what everyone believes in and she would be mad if she did not believe in Heaven and Hell.

The man chuckles as he makes himself visible to her in the little light that is out there. "Wrong brother, darling" He speaks to her. His voice is wonderful and as soon as she hears it, she cannot help but feel like she knows it from somewhere. Yet at the same time she has never met this man before. "Forgive me, I seem to know not what you refer to" She says. Asherah would want to be able to feel fear. That feeling does not seem to be able to touch her body nor does she worry much for it, as oddly as that is.

The man smirks at her as he walks over to her. His eyes seem to hypnotize her as she cannot look away from them. Making her forget that William is wrapped in a vine and has done terrible things. Then his hand takes hers. So gently and kindly. The way that his hand is warm enough to make the cold night seem less cold and his warmth is running through her veins. "I would enjoy speaking to you, my dear Hera, yet now it seems that I have more to do and I will not let your eyes see it" He speaks to her.

Just as the girl was about to speak, her eyes begin to close. Feeling this exhaustion take over her entire body. And it is not before long that she falls down. If it were not for the man catching her, she would have hit the ground. The man holds her in his arms as if she were light as a feather. Then he walks over to the steps and lays her down by the door where he makes certain that she is supported by the door and does not fall down in her slumber.

For a moment he eyes her to see that she does look like an angel sleeping like that. Then he remembers that there are things or rather thing that he needs to take care of. Turning around he turns to the man wrapped in vines, William. A smirk comes to his face when he sees the helpless and frightened look that coms across his face. "Such a shame, truly. The choices that human made will lead them towards my brothers. It seems you have decided to follow in the path of my brother down below. I cannot say that I will not miss such an awful mortal" He speaks.